Show us your bike history..

development_cycle":2iyh7cvj said:
I thought the title said "show" us not "tell" us. Other than toons, no-one else has shown anything. Come on guys I clicked on here to see some bikes!

Indeed!

pichers1.jpg

1989-1991 - Specialized Hardrock Sport
1991-1994 - Saracen Traverse Competition Hydrotech
1994-1997 Mountain Cycle Moho
1997-Onwards Pace RC200
2007 Pace RC303
2008 Pace RC100 was going to build as a singlespeed, but got carried away with Suntour XC Pro purchases.
2008 Cotic Simple to have a go at singlespeed

Never ridden full suspension :oops:

Raleigh Grifter - I swapped it for 2 ZX Spectrum games :?

Raleigh 10 speed drop/racer (forgotten the name)

Amaco mtb (again forgotten name)-sold to fund Sorrento

Diamond Back Sorrento-sold to fund Karakoram

94 GT Karakoram - was stolen, got it back :twisted: Still got

Kona Stab-wish I'd kept it

GT XCR2000-sold

GT Arrowhead-own (buiding into a Frankenshite ss/hardtail dh thingy???)

Voodoo Wanga-sold

Giant NRS1-own

Trek 800 1992 (bought new) stolen! (like many bikes I see here)
Trek 830 1992 (replacement from the police locker for my other bike, paid like 10 euro for it (recalculated), build it up with XT and XTR and other nice parts, sold it to pay for my new bike:
Trek 8000 1996 (bought new from the states) upgraded later on with a Judy XC and some XT parts (still have the frame and some parts)

several years later on I bought a Trek 970 SHX 1996 and a Trek 6500 1995 the 970 was for Commuting and the 6500 was a bargin and wanted to sell it on again, but kept it for a few years.

in 2004 I took a big sidestep and went to Scott USA.
- 2003 Scott USA Pro Racing, wich I still use today, just love the bike, no part is stock anymore, but it still looks like new (maybe because I don't use it enough)
In 2006 I bought:
- 2003 Scott USA Expert racing, loved to color and had to build a cool bike out of it. sold it this year.

Last year I went back to Trek.
I bought a Trek 6300 and a 1995 Trek 9900 Pro Issue frame.
The 6300 was ment to be build as a commuter but sold it after half a year... or maybe even less.
The 9900 was my dreambike and is now my current project (99% done)

In order of year of manufacture (i'm sure i've left a few out):

1970’S
CHOPPER
HEALING SUPERMAX 2 BMX
1980’S
HEALING 10 SPEED
HEALING VIPER BMX
PK RIPPER BMX
REDLINE BMX
MORRISON SIDEWINDER
MORRISON SIDEWINDER
AVANTI RIDGE RIDER
FISHER CR-7 (CURRENT)
NISHIKI ARIEL
ANOTHER NISHIKI ARIEL (CURRENT)
NISHIKI ALIEN ACX (NOS CURRENT)

NISHIKI ALIEN ACX M900 (CURRENT)
SHOGUN PRARIE BREAKER TEAM (CURRENT)

ALPINESTARS ALMEGA DX (CURRENT)
MONGOOSE IBOC PRO (CURRENT)
HARO EXTREME TEAM (CURRENT)
AVANTI LIGHTNING XTR
FISHER MONTARE
AMERICAN COMP LITE XTR (CURRENT)
HARO EXTREME AL (CURRENT)
GT RTS 2 (CURRENT)

AMP RESEARCH B2
AVANTI COMPETITOR XT (NOS CURRENT)
AVANTI SUPER SPRINT
SPECIALIZED FSR PRO (CURRENT)
AVANTI ZOG
AVANTI KONA
PROFLEX 856 (CURRENT)
AVANTI HARDCORE
AVANTI ULTEGRA
AVANTI MOTO PRO
SPECIALIZED FSR EXTREME
SPECIALIZED ROCKHOPPER A1 COMP
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT FSR
AVANTI AGGRESSOR
AVANTI CORSA
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAMMER
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT COMP
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ COMP
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER
SPECIALIZED S-WORKS DH
SPECIALIZED S-WORKS ROAD
SPECIALIZED ENDURO EXPERT
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT DH
SPECIALIZED BIG HIT PRO
SPECIALIZED ALLEZ COMP
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER HT
AVANTI HAMMER
SPECIALIZED DEMO 9 DH
ANOTHER SPECIALIZED DEMO 9 DH
SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER PRO
GIANT TCR COMPOSITE 2
GIANT FAITH 1
SPECIALIZED TARMAC PRO
SPECIALIZED DEMO 8 II
AVANTI CARBONIO 2 (CURRENT)
SPECIALIZED SJ FSR EXPERT M975 (CURRENT)

That's 59 bikes... I think i've just identified that I have a problem...

1984 Pegas small frame (no model name) (got it for my 4'th birthday)

1986 Pegas Robusta (got this cos' someone stole the first one)

1992 Pegas Practic (got it as a present from my uncle)

1994 Some anonymous chinese bike (bought it myself with all my pocket money from the czech republic) i became the star of the neighborhood

1996 Giant Gsr 400 (present from my dad as i managed to pass 3 difficult exams and got accepted at a German high school - i still have the frame)

2005 Orange Sub Zero(first thing i bought when i came to London and my first one and only aluminum bike)

2008 Orange Clockwork 1993 (project i am still working on)( last thing i bought when i left London)

2008 Pegas Modern (from the 80's pre Robusta model)(28 years birthday present)

Pegas - romanian bike builder from the 70's to the 80's , communist era, they were building these bikes exactly in the same factory where they were building Kalashnikov's and the materials were exactly the same. They weight a lot and are virtually unbreakable ! (Romania was building the best Kalashnikov in the world in that time so i guess the materials and technology was top for that era)

Attachments

• pegas modern .jpg
    pegas modern .jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 15,118
  • giant gsr 400.jpg
    giant gsr 400.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15,118
  • pegas robusta.jpg
    pegas robusta.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 15,116
- 1986 Mongoose bmx

-1960's Ross with a generator attached to the front wheel

- 1970's Schwinn crusier

- 1988 Huffy Sigma bmx

- 1989 General (1st geared mountain bike for me)

- 1993 GT Agressor (quickly traded it in for the next gt)

- 1994 GT Ricochet

- 1994 Mongoose Hilltopper SX in black ( upgraded everything to black control tech and deore lx parts to match the bike- it was my black beauty)

- 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper (Crmo)

- 1996 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 (my first non-steel bike, Matte red with a rigid fork)

- 1998 Joshua Zo (blue and yellow with all XTR and crossmax; my first dual suspension bike- never really rode it- always turned to my M2)

- Some rough financial times...sold my zo and M2 (wish I never sold my matte red m2) and for the first time in my life, since I was 7 years old, was bikeless the horror!!! :shock: :cry:

- 1995 Gary Fisher OCLV Supercaliber (black with gold decals) with gold Kooka cranks and levers, xt/xtr mix. (cracked the frame and sold the bike whole for $200- this was before I discovered ebay and parting bikes out :? )

- 1996 S-Works Stumpjumper, upgraded with titanium wheelset, seatpost, stem, QR's, BB and CF handlebars, grafton levers, avid tri-align brakeset, ringle waterbottle cage, flite saddle

- list to be continued later today...

First 'mountain bike I had was a Raleigh Marauder - very much like this one...
100_4704.jpg

After that it was a Raleigh Activator, then after that was stolen I 'upgraded' to an Activator II.

Then came the proper bikes...

1995ish Scott Motion, if anyone sees, has or knows of one of these around let me know - I want another!

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Upgraded various parts and bought a 98 Chameleon that's been with me ever since... short and sweet story!

1010.jpg
[/img]

the story so far..

muddy fox courier comp 1988/89?, crackle paint/ u-brake.

first decent bike

Kona Lavadome 1990 splatter paint, suntour stuff (which all failed)

Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1991 class bike still miss it (broke it)

Rocky Mountain blizzard 1993 (warranty replacement )got nicked miss this one too.

KHS pro steel can't remember model, but blue.(didn't have long)true temper steel.

PACE RC-200 F4 awesome bike fully tricked out.

KONA cindercone 1997 frame built up.

GT Zaskar 1996 Black jump bike.

GT LTS DH 1996, RST Hi Five SOLD IT

GT LOBO THERMO TEAM BIKE DREAM SPEC

INTENSE TAZER FS (SOLD IT)

GT LOBO ALLOY TEAM BIKE DREAM SPEC

INTENSE M1 2004 sold it

TOMAC ELI (broke it)

LAPIERRE CARBON SCANDIUM SOLD IT

INTENSE M1 1998 ebay SOLD FRAME

INTENSE M1 1999 still have it (CURRENT DH RIG)

INTENSE TRACER 2002 STILL HAVE IT (CURRENT XC RIG)

SPECIALIZED M4 SLALOM BUILD RETRO (CURRENT)

The story no doubt will continue....................

18spd "shimano"
..frame size was huge for 11 year old me:D At that time these "bike-in-a-box" deals were all the rage. Basically thay were cheap chinese bikes that you had to assemble yourself. Kept breaking down all the time even thogh it was assempled by the shop :D

1995 Kona Fire Mountain
Best birthday present ever? My first proper bike, later customized with clubroost DH bars :D Leter got a job and started saving money to put Bombers on it...

1998 Kona Cinder Cone
Bought new in 1999, traded the Fire Mountain to this one. I never had the original Indys-bought the bike upgraded with Marzocchi DH3. The forks had a 75mm longtravel kit and worked great! Also had dh bars on it and the rear rim was later swapped to a 521CD. Later sold to my girlfirend at the time.

1998 GT LTS3000
Bought the bike secondhand, swapped the indy XC Lt's right away to the DH3's off the kona. This bike was upgraded quite a lot.. had LX cranks, XTR rear der(still have it!) Syncros stem, x517 rear hoop with a loud hugi rear hub.. and Z1 Bam forks!! Sold to a friend as a bare frame.

1998,5 Kona Stinky 5
Again, bought secondhand as a frameset with 151 Boxxers.
RaceFace Turbine cranks, chainguide, Magura Gustaw M (f) and Hs-33 (r) brakes, Mavic 321cd/521cd wheels, thomson seatpost, azonic love saddle..
The paint was quite bad when I got it so painted it again myself. This one went to a "friend" as a frameset.. damn idiot broke it on a test ride.

200? Kuwahara DH
I think the same frames were sold in the UK as Muddy Fox. Basically most of the bits were from the stinky, except the brakes: Hayes mags /w razorrock levers. The Boxxer replaced by Monster T's. This was the bike that got me off mtbing for a few years. I moved from my hometown in lapland to the flatlands of Oulu. We really haven't got any hills to justify a DH bike and my kneecaps were also done by the low and laidback seating position. Sold this bike to happy new owner couple of years back:)

---present day

1999 Kona Calder, as seen in reader's bikes :)
Cycling is fun again with a more suitable bike to this place! Kneecaps still burn sometimes but a high seat and low enough gears make it tolerable ;)

Back