Show us yer FSR's

Re:

I was going block all the holes that where mating surfaces, and put bolts in the holes which are needed, I don't know how much anodising a frame would cost to be honest??

Have a word with Rampage here on the forums.. does it for a living; and if he can't do the frame he doubtless will know someone who can!

I'm (hopefully) shortly to receive an anodised FSR frameset I picked up on Ebay for a bit of a steal - looks pretty decent..

Re:

Not sure how much anodizing would cost but I would bet it's more than powder coating. If you do the powder coat, do all the threaded holes and mating surfaces like you mentioned as well as things like the lugs that the cable outer housing go in (The powder will fill them), the outer part of the seatpost tube where the clamp is (the clamp may no long fit over the tube), And I'm sure there are other places as well. Obviously, do the steering head, bottom bracket, seat post tube, bearing and bushing holes, etc.

Anodize would be much simpler. Just get the finish you want on the aluminum, from bead blasted flat, to polished gloss or anything in between, and give it to the anodizing guy. More prep but less cussing during re-assembly.

Re:

Has anyone got any pictures of there frame which has come back from a powder coaters?

As long as I get the holes covered and the threads cleaned up, there isn't many face to face joints apart from rear hanger, and the caliper mount, and the bit where the rear shock mounts but I can sort that out, I had welded on, the rest is bush and bearing holes

Would be a good time to upgrade the frame too bearings.
BETD do kits, not cheap though. :/
Or you can size things up and order bearings, O rings, etc elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.

What colour is your frame, I resprayed my silver one, came out mint, I just masked up the oem decals and painted around it, I even got the factory "anodized" finish, simply by using silver hammered finish hammerite spray paint (super light coats from a distance)

20130716_134037_zps23603615.jpg

20130716_134010_zpsb2098750.jpg

20130716_130553_zps2ea56492.jpg

20130716_123823_zps4c9cbac3.jpg

Re:

My frames paint stripped and lacquered by the last owner, with a couple decals but, i would like to make it look for original but updated paint, original decals, have already put calliper mounts on the back. And get the bombers colour coded as well

Re: Re:

lowslowandold":2nm4tzpq said:
My frames paint stripped and lacquered by the last owner, with a couple decals but, i would like to make it look for original but updated paint, original decals, have already put calliper mounts on the back. And get the bombers colour coded as well

Take some pics. ;)

Back