Show us what you did today, thread

Today I went for a walk in the woods, carrying my bike, at least that's what it felt like.... Local woods are still trashed from the storms, I had hoped as they're so close to town they might have been cleared, but no.
Plenty of dog walkers out and about though, they've forged long winding tracks through the woods around the obstructions but they're just not rideable... Yet.
In the end I got fed up of dragging my bike over fallen trees, getting brush and branches caught on pedals, in wheels etc etc.
Lost my sh*t!! with the trees, and called it a day 😆 (I see by the tree graffiti someone else was of the same opinion! Or maybe it's a dogging spot, who knows?).
I don't know if some of the "off-piste" mtb trails will be usable again, I can't see the council/forestry clearing them, and short of carrying a chainsaw into the woods I can't see them being cleared. IMG_20220108_100227.jpg
IMG_20220108_101530.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job on the forks, but that’s such a bizarre perspective, top yolk looks like it’s spreading the fork legs wider than the lower crown…. 😐

Today I went for a walk in the woods, carrying my bike, at least that's what it felt like.... Local woods are still trashed from the storms, I had hoped as they're so close to town they might have been cleared, but no.
Plenty of dog walkers out and about though, they've forged long winding tracks through the woods around the obstructions but they're just not rideable... Yet.
In the end I got fed up of dragging my bike over fallen trees, getting brush and branches caught on pedals, in wheels etc etc.
Lost my sh*t!! with the trees, and called it a day 😆 (I see by the tree graffiti someone else was of the same opinion! Or maybe it's a dogging spot, who knows?).
I don't know if some of the "off-piste" mtb trails will be usable again, I can't see the council/forestry clearing them, and short of carrying a chainsaw into the woods I can't see them being cleared.View attachment 594102
View attachment 594103
Just do what I used to do in Oz. I lived in a cyclone alley, so we'd get massive tree damage.
I used to go out with a folding bow saw after a cyclone and attend to the worst trees and over a couple of weeks I'd get the track cleared.
However, I've never been averse to a bit of hike-a-bike, so it was fun for me. :)

They're probably "only" 100mm travel, I have some the same that I need to service too, doubt mine will clean up as well as the ones @Peteroughton169 has though!
lol they look OK in that pic, but on the disc leg there's some pretty bad gravel rash, they'll be alright for now and work perfectly, but the ocd in me, which isn't too bad, will see them resprayed at some point. very easy to service mind. the hardest part is just getting the muck off, there's not too much to them really.

With Saturday being quite rubbish here until very late, I decided to wait until Sunday to see if the weather improved.
It was a glorious day but the temp never got above 0 and there was a fair bit of frost/ice on the roads. I went out on the Super Clubman and the only road that was rideable was the main one. So at the end of my road it was either left or right. I ended up heading to the right and heading to town which was a bit boring but still nice to be riding. Town was fine as they are always looked after with the gritting and clearing so after skirting round the outskirts I headed home back through town and over to the harbour as there was some great waves and quite a few surfers out. Then a nice ride home with just enough daylight left to wash the bike down with some warm water to get rid of the salt spray.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back