Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

There's something creepy about those woods
I'm not a fan of woods in general, never really liked their atmosphere - but that pony thing is just bizarre! Thankfully nothing like that on my escape this morning - saw the forecast for the next week or so and was inspired to just get out while it's still pleasant. Extremely pleasant really, just enough of that refreshing cooling breeze to stop me getting unpleasantly hot - far nicer than summer for me :)

cycle_20200507.jpg

epicyclo":k5eh46jp said:
Remember what I was saying about spectacular displays of colour? :)

The yellow is really spectacular just now (was wishing I had a camera on yesterday's ride which featured loads of wild primroses too), but the best bit of those yellows is the smell! The fresh coconut from the whins and the perfumed smell of the OSR are both favourites...

It's looking like the Ben may even get a top-up of snow over the next week :(

Just been looking through some cycling mags from when I was a lad. I suspect they had more influence on me than I realised....

Re:

Finally got round to sorting the breezer lightning ahead of the eventual return to office work.

Want to avoid public transport so intention is to cycle from park and ride

New zoom adjustable stem as breezer original felt like it was about a foot long.
New 3x9sp gears fitted by OCP as the original 8 speeds were shot.
New vittoria revolution tyres, fast and comfy
Jim's wheelset I bought ages ago.

Looking at the pic the saddle looks at a jaunty angle but didnt feel odd when riding lol.

Rode really well around the local cycle paths and townhill forest trails where I did some trimming of the basturd gorse bushes.

Came home and shona has made almond and cherry scones.

Happy days, well as good as they can be under lockdown.

Attachments

• 20200516_161620.jpg
    20200516_161620.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 215
Re:

That’s a good spot Velo and a good reminder.

So used to riding 1x chainset nowadays, think at only one point on ride did I drop to the middle ring.

Re:

Was deffo a Storm but i couldn't tell you what the difference is. If I recall correctly there was one graphic on one side of the top tube only. Nice bike :cool:

The Ullapool C2C ride was the only time I really used it properly, other times were mainly commuting and odd local rides

Back