Show us what you did today, thread

Really great effort Jimo, also a great writeup and photos.
Much respect for a really big effort :)

Jamie

Re:

Well done, especially for carrying on without bottles! :shock:

Think the mechanic at the lbs did that event. I'll meet up with him in the week.

For me, following an early bike ride and watching a race, I started tinkering in the garage.

Mending my Obsys55 forks, changing both sets of seals, so they work without leaking. I hope! :LOL:

IMG_1077 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Knackered black seal, replaced by the pink one, along with main fork seals.

So now, I have a very comfy 55mm of travel for these forks, to replace the 40mm from the ones currently on my Sunn.

Also cleaned up the wheel I saw next to a bin, in the middle of Brighton! :shock:

IMG_1079 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Mike

clubby":3r8j6eag said:
Well done mate!!! Doubt I could have done half that distance.

I dunno, you'd be surprised. As long as you keep eating (I like eating :D ) and drinking, you can keep going. It's more a mental thing than physical.
Furthest I'd ever cycled before this weekend was about 80miles, that was a few years ago.

If I can I think I'll do it again next year, might even consider doing it on a retro mtb, fatter tyres, bit of suspension, fairly light, it would be ideal :)

Re:

Good effort Jim :cool: . I've got fond memories of racing at Kielder BITD, need a trip back there some time soon.

:shock: What a story Jim . Drama, excitment, intrigue :LOL: and 200km is a serious distance :cool: Bloody well done to you.

Back