Show us what you did today, thread

Here's a link to the East Lothian Rough Stuff Audax ride that Brian and I did on Sunday. Velo unfortunately couldn't make it, hope your OK mate. Next time.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=345408&p=2633371#p2633371

The Saturday before this (16th) Brian and I thought we better get some miles in and get the legs spinning before this weekends ride. A plan was hatched that I would head down to Brians, we would head into Inverness and the ride south on the eastern side of Loch Ness. We lost time sitting in Velocity eating cake and drinking coffee but for once it wasn't our fault. We sought shelter there from the dreak, driving, misty, hill covering rain. I'm glad we did and didn't turn back to Brian's earlier as it did get a bit drier and even a good bit brighter. Before the end of the ride we did get a couple of showers but the first we sheltered under the trees at Loch Duntelchaig and then, the second heavier one was on the General Wades road not long before dropping back down to Inverness and we managed to outrun that one. (we had a good tailwind). It was a nice ride with the weather not being unkind at all considering what was blowing about all around us.
Anyway here's some pics.

Jamie

DSCN2696 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2698 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

This is a small Mort House next to a small cemetery on a very quite little lane. Its a bare room where the dead were kept before burial. In the old days it was long enough to let them start decomposing to deter grave robbers. Brian's just getting into the mood ;)
DSCN2705 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2709 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Loch Duntelchaig
DSCN2718 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2727 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2725 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Inverness down below.
DSCN2728 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

;)
Communal rear garden, thats nice, but i dont use it. And my own little front. About 8mx2.5m 2m high hedge around it.

Got a bit of tinkering done in between the DIY.

So the Heckler is finished for now. XT cranks, rear hub and front mech (thanks to MacRetros finest hoarder) fitted so it's now full XT apart from the Hope front hub.

28033706204_de04ec897c_b.jpg

Also fitted my dirt drops to the Genesis as I felt it needed a change. Will see how they go tomorrow I think.

28033891524_75c9e13104_b.jpg

Bombers look well placed :cool: And such a shiny condition we've not seen for a year or three :?

And 80mm versions which we also dont see that often.

Back