Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":fqb3goln said:
You do know that if you actually ride yer bike the wee hairy bits and the knobs on yer tyres wear down
:mrgreen:

Hairy bits and knobs mentioned in the same post, Rob will be all over this when he wakes up :facepalm: :mrgreen:

Re:

finished my NEW work bike that is almost a doppelgänger of my LAST work bike... :facepalm:

story goes like this......

built a new voodoo frame up i won on eBay in 2014 as a work bike

re-wind 12 years or so..... i let a friend of a friend have my old Alves frame as i was in living in Glasgow not Elgin at the time and had nowhere to keep it (it was lying in a mates barn, neglected)

now, forward-wind those 12 years.... i got the chance of getting my old Alves back! so i offered my work frame and forks as a replacement so he still had a bike to use!

then, last month on eBay, i spied ANOTHER new voodoo frame in my size, so snapped it up! bought another pair of Salsa forks and hey-presto, an almost exact replica of the original!!

completed it this morning, shakedown run completed and yes, that is a big gear, i'm gonna have my work cut-out turning that! :oops:

Attachments

• voodoo2.jpg
    voodoo2.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 324
  • voodoo1.jpg
    voodoo1.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 324
New VooDoo looks nicer than the old one so good job on that front.
Alves looks quite nice too now. One question, what the hell were you doing with it to have that crankset on it? :shock:

And were you not getting rid of bikes a short time ago?

Re:

yeah, it was my training/road bike, did loads of miles on it, didn't care about it back then after I had the second one built :oops:

Back