Show us what you did today, thread

Going sus :? im goin' rigid carbon.

Way to go ;)

The future ;)

So got a sus fork that will be spare.
Manitou R7 pro MrP so i think a bit lightweight for yourself.

Disc only, full uncut steerer(250mm), a couple of years in use but they are mine so that means 500 miles on tarmac and 3 miles offroad, so pretty much mint inside and out.

dyna-ti":6j0jqq3p said:
Disc only, full uncut steerer(250mm), a couple of years in use but they are mine so that means 5 miles on tarmac and 300 yards offroad, so pretty much mint inside and out.

Dyna

Let me know if you want to buy / swap coins, I have at least one of every limited coin in £2, £1 and 50p....

I'm only looking for 2, 1 is the 2002 Wales Commonwealth and the other is the £2 Tube roundell (not the train, I have that one)

There are loads of good blogs which point out all the myriad of designs!

Fraid i can help you with neither :) .Of the commonwealth games ive only the England one
Im really only collecting as i find them :) buying takes the fun from it.

Ive been using the royal mint page for ID's ,but they dont have all or they archive the lists or something as it seems on to a new group :? Ill take a look at these blogs. Cheers for that.

gmac123":2f2gowz9 said:
....at the end of the day mfg'ers come up with this stuff so we buy it, and we all do love to buy bike stuff (as well as ride em, dream of building them, building em, planning to build em, source parts to build them and so on). tho perhaps the reduction in gearing is rider lead, and having 10 or 11 across the back does make a difference to the possibilities...

Or we renounce all that gearie nonsense and get singlespeeds.

And to make up for the lack of gears we acquire more singlespeeds until we have 27 ratios (and bikes).... :)

Re:

Excepting of course that there is now oodles of niche single speed stuff that opens the wallets of single speeders. Such as ENO Hubs, Surly Tugnuts, eccentric BB's , sliding dropouts etc etc etc, none of which are particularly cheap :roll:

epicyclo":35tfbwpj said:
gmac123":35tfbwpj said:
Or we renounce all that gearie nonsense and get singlespeeds.

And to make up for the lack of gears we acquire more singlespeeds until we have 27 ratios (and bikes).... :)

perhaps, but I'll just keep an opened mind and dabble in both the the SS and rear derry world... I'll just need a bigger hut

good doco on the bike channel last night (sky ch 464, not sure what it'll be on other platforms) simply called "bicycle" kinda english history of the bike, didn't realise the Sustrans was original a cycling based org "cyclebag" essentially inventing the first cycle paths

Re: Re:

velomaniac":4gn8x4xg said:
...none of which are particularly cheap :roll:

But last forever and don't get obsoleted. :)

(and ENO hubs are for those who can't do Magic Arithmetic :) )

Re:

ENO hubs have nothing to do with magic arithemetic which is bo*****s anyway. Getting a chainring and sprocket that give perfect tension between BB axle and vertical dropout invariably result in a gear thats no use for its intended purpose especially if that use is off road. :roll:

Stick to the numerous other ways of tensioning that usually all allow a bit of adjustment.

Latest posts

Back