Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

What tyre (front or back) has been giving you the grief?

Re:

Can't say I'd recommend Fat B nimble, Kaiser. Comes up very undersize and random quality. My 26" has a very wonky tread and pretty unbalanced at speed. Moved it to the rear so it's not so much of an issue, but still not great.

Re:

I knew about the undersize but not the quality,maybe a good ole Knard will suffice. Quite like to try a trax bulldozer too.

Front mostly K - really floppy when cornering at speed - to the point where I don't really trust it anymore. Fine trundling about the woods in the slop, not so much somewhere like Glentress. Had a couple of spills, including a ripped sidewall. They burp like a wain after a litre bottle of Pepsi an aw. I've been wondering if it was partly to do with the Velocity rims, but if you're not having any issues with the Chronicles, then it sounds like I can blame the DWs.

gmac123":2gcv4pnp said:
Rooster looks great Kaiser, and great pictures as always Jamie. Good luck to both at the Puffer! is there anyone else from MacRetro participating/assiting?...

It will be my 11th.

Probably on my 1x1 if it's muddy, or a fatbike if we are lucky enough to get winter weather.

SS, of course. :)

1) can you use more than one bike?

Yes, you can even nip home and build another one then come back and race ;)

2) how do you mange lights, i.e. batteries/power? so thinking of pair competing scenario where you have ~16hrs of darkness, I take it you need to but shed load of batteries??

yes buy or borrow, exposure also have a stand and will charge lights for you, alot of folks will have generators too.

Re:

Good Luck to the Strathpuffers ;)

I have given up on fat bikes as you guys know but not on floatation bikes, I still like the idea. So I now have 2 x 65mm wide rims, one built up as a front wheel and 2 x Nokian Gazzaloddi Jnr 26 x 2.6 tyres. The tyres are tough with strong side walls, maybe a wee bit heavy but on 65mm rims you can run really low psi. Wheels will fit my On-One 456 so hopefully will get built up as an SS over next month or two and attempt a beach on the slightly firmer sand. :)

Whoops, I edited your post instead of quoting :facepalm: sorry

gmac123":1p9rfbx7 said:
1) can you use more than one bike?

Yes, you can even nip home and build another one then come back and race ;)

2) how do you mange lights, i.e. batteries/power? so thinking of pair competing scenario where you have ~16hrs of darkness, I take it you need to but shed load of batteries??

yes buy or borrow, exposure also have a stand and will charge lights for you, alot of folks will have generators too.

Back