Show us what you did today, thread

gmac123":2y0mkt24 said:
1) can you use more than one bike?

Yes, you can even nip home and build another one then come back and race ;)

Wonder who that was? :)

I usually take 2 bikes. One with ice tyres, the other for otherwise.

I would Rob but this old laptop is driving me mental

got a set of these

http://ritcheylogic.com/mountain/wheels ... heels.html

brand spanking for 200 bucks, tbh didn't really have the funds, was looking at building myself, prob hope/stans, but at that price I just dived in, so the family will need to live on porridge for a while :). it'll get the P29er on the trails a bit faster... now the groupset choice/funding question

gmac123":2aeqy8iq said:

got a set of these

brand spanking for 200 bucks, tbh didn't really have the funds, was looking at building myself, prob hope/stans, but at that price I just dived in, so the family will need to live on porridge for a while :). it'll get the P29er on the trails a bit faster... now the groupset choice/funding question

Damn that was a good deal!
You going for Ritchey finishing kit as well?

gmac123":3fte388e said:

got a set of these

Aye at that price you could build the bike around them. Who sold them at that ? I do like the idea of these 29er's and theyre no everyones cup of char so the frames and forks via the web are well priced. Its the wheels i thought that the money would go :?

Are you using 3x9 or 2x10 ? just gone 2x10 myself with todays purchase of xt cassette and chain.; Just the xo or xx rear mech to find. Shimano for you ? or other :)

Re:

Yeah mosdef on the Ritchey finishing kit, wcs gear. Already got carbon bars for comfort and a stem I've used on a road bike. Tho noticed the carbon bull nose on discount.bike.de.. Expensive but uber cool.

Wanted to go all US and build with sram, I'm loving sram force on the road bike, it's so crisp and light. Xo and xx outta budget so was thinking gx1 (going to be 1x11 dyna).. Tho the extra 60 notes for the xd driver is a bit p!sh. Xt 8000 looks braw and tbh I've had so many XT bikes and loved then all, so hard to see by.

The one question is the rubber, gotta set of new crossmarks that came off the santacruz, that will get it rolling. But at 2.1 not what I was thinking long term..
What's the thinking on width, front and back and the current tread of choice. Application is likely to be hard pack trails, fire roads (local stuff) and essentially it's being built as a bike packing rig so not really need anything gnarly or anything to deal with mud. Thoughts appreciated

Obviously budget is a consideration, but there's some good info in this article...

http://reviews.mtbr.com/sram-1x11-compo ... your-money

I'm loving my SRAM 1x11. Yes the xd driver is a pest, but I reckon the payoff of the 10T cog is worth it over Shimano. On paper one tooth difference doesn't sound much but in reality it's a 10% increase in top gear.

Tyre wise, 2.4/2.35 front and 2.25 rear is what I went with on the Saffron. Ardents for the summer and WTB Vigilante/Trail Boss at the moment.
For what you've described, Ardents run tubeless would be ideal.

nice article that clubby, and I do love those groupos but outta reach on this build if it's going to see a spring bothy trip :)

sram GX1 and XT M8000 1x11 are both about 295 on CRC and with a few discounts applied 255, without brakes (as I have brakes already tho another issue to resolve)... the sram having the disadvantage of needing the driver, so loosing at the mo.

running tubeless ardents on the santacruz and liking them (tho 2.25s), tbh had been thinking of something with less rolling resistance but sitting here looking at them they're not quite the burly AM tyre I had in my minds eye but always been pleased with them on rocky hill paths, might be a good idea to buy a couple of wider tyres for the front of each bike... tho a pair of ardent skin walls could be good with the retro paint job :shock: feels like some good ideas coming out here.. thanks

brakes, have some formula ROs with 6 bolt rotors, but now have the centre lock wheels... any experience or accounts heard of using the adaptors? which would be the cheaper alternative to getting new rotors.

Latest posts

Back