Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

considering the time of year, maybe we are all slightly more aware of "christmassy" things, but has anyone else noticed this.............??!! :shock:

Attachments

• santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 320
  • brian.... or.jpg
    brian.... or.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 320
Hi mate,
Brian was riding his Carbon Chinese machine, carbon rims, bars etc. Very light, weighs less than anything in my stable that's for sure. I couldn't ride it as I might get blown away ;)
The 9zero7, I think may have had a 3 speed hub as it had a weird lever on the bars, not sure really, I was curious but too afraid to push it :LOL: It was a good bit higher than mine, I would think maybe a 32/22 or more. Never had a road type section to spin it out on but I would imagine it would have spun out fairly quickly.
Weather is a bit better up here today, so may get back out later.

Jamie

Re: Re:

velofrog":31uhfnhx said:
considering the time of year, maybe we are all slightly more aware of "christmassy" things, but has anyone else noticed this.............??!! :shock:

Ho ho ho!

I hope you've been a good boy... :)

Epicyclo, just how light is that fat bike, if you know? Is there a build thread? Quite interested in a fat bike that comes in at normal MTB weight.

Re: Re:

epicyclo":2s431txu said:
velofrog":2s431txu said:

Ho ho ho!

I hope you've been a good boy... :)

brian, that made me laugh!! :LOL: :LOL:

that track looks great btw, what's the village you can see in the background so i can get an idea of where you were?

highlandsflyer":3lkmho0g said:
Epicyclo, just how light is that fat bike, if you know? Is there a build thread? Quite interested in a fat bike that comes in at normal MTB weight.

I'm not sure. I did put it on the scales at the bike shop, but I can't find the pic.

I do remember it being lighter than my Ti 29er though.

Oh, and It could still lose nearly a kilo if I tubelessed it, and another few hundred grammes if I used a lighter crankset.

If the wind catches it, it blows away. :)

(Between 11-12kg comes to mind, but taking those mudguards off might save a bit)

velofrog, not sure which direction you mean but I think the village in the background is Strathpeffer.

Jamie

Re:

Hi Jamie,

thanks mate, very local then!

looks easily accessible and with good views (weather permitting)!

Re:

Epicyclo, that is very light indeed!

I have ridden some fat bikes in the past, but always regretted it in the morning.

If I can throw it into the van without breaking my back, I am sure one is in my near future!

Fat bike less than the weight of a regular geared MTB sounds a lot of fun.

Come an join us one day highlandsflyer, I'm sure Brian will sort you with a decent ride. You can try a few out as between us we have a couple of Pugs and Brians 907 and Carbon as well as a Mukluk.

Jamie

Back