Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Aye it was brilliant.

Shame they didn't at least venture out for a loop in the scenery, but then these games seem to have been very controlled to keep within Glasgow.

Good shots given the rain, actually adds to the drama. Looks like a real tough do.

I went down today and also braved the weather though i was hopeful the rain would end as it was or seemed to be tailing off as i left the house after watching the first lap.
Was talking to another cyclist and he suggested the cobbles at rottenrow were quite crowd free..
The rain at times was mental, sheets of horizontal and a bloody cold wind to boot. Endura shorts was a bad idea :LOL:

Hats off to everyone who braved that :cool: Quite a crowd too :cool:

I wish I could have been there. Really got the buzz when they sang Burns at the closing ceremony. Tears dripping down, always gets me going. Look how we punch well above our weight with all our medals, here and in the Olympics.

Makes me feel very proud to be a Glaswegian.

Re:

Nearly finished the Soul, its been too long langishing. Everything was robbed or got from the spares bin, alas the rear brake pads were down to the metal and I'll need to order new ones, probably get new rotors at the same time.

2014-08-14_08-56-49 by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

Nice build as ever Klaus and no doubt as light as a feather :cool:
Thje salsa forks look nice. Quite stiff :?

In other news... Got a freeby video camera from work as part of the employee rewards scheme (http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... ion-camera).

Anyway, it's not go-pro quality, and low-light quality isn't the best either, but it's alright for nowt! First test run, taken about 30 minutes before sunset, mounted on the heid, angled slightly too low although I quite like the fact you can see the front wheel bobbing and weaving.

https://vimeo.com/103475097

You can get a go-pro adapter for it, so I'll be picking one of those up plus the chest mount. Will also grab a 'roll-bar' mount and try mounting on the frame.

Thats actually really good Aaron :cool: Certainly no go pro but you seen the price of those :shock: I think this tech is great for bike adventures. Pics you have to stop and take and it starts to look a bit set up and geeky but with vid it feels like your on the bike too.
But wow impressive all the same :cool: but angle it higher as im getting motion sickness :LOL:
Look forward to seeing more of these type vids on here. And at that note i was while looking for a new camera took note of

Back