Show us what you did today, thread

kaiser":4kqwoioz said:
file.php

Whats the bike? Looks like a nice beasty. :)

Its a Brian Rourke :cool: . 531 tubes. I was given it by a mate's wife after he died in a motorcycling accident. He was a very keen road cyclist - his son has his "good" bike. The Rourke is too good for me really - a monkey on a race horse. I changed the chainset and freewheel as my skinny legs couldn't cope with Lochaber hills :( Use it much more now than I used to as a result, so hopefully I'll be forgiven.

Hi all
Another lovely Sunday afternoon.
With the morning being wet and blowing a gale, this afternoon had dried out quite a bit and while the wind was still pretty strong and gusting, it was still good enough to enjoy battling the wind.
After getting family/household stuff done and having lunch, I spent the early afternoon in front of the box watching Maxima Roma. Another great race this weekend after Strade Bianche yesterday.
I thought I would go out and get a few miles in on the Merckx and head round the coast, up Dunnett Head and then cross country to home. It was definately windy and up here with no tree's or hills to slow it down, it just seems to grind you down. It was still nice enough weather, not too cold, no rain just windy and a bit sort of hazy. Not the best for picture taking, but I took a few anyway.
Once back home I still felt like a few more miles so asked Heather and Caleb if they wanted to head out to JOG's and meet up for a coffee and cake. Theres a route out thats right on 10 miles so I could give it a bit of effort and see where I'm at, or more to the piont how far I am from where I was ;) especially after not just a winter riding on the dark side (mtb), but with the majority of the last 12 months riding on the dark side, neglecting my roadie roots :oops:
Anyway after getting quite a bit of riding in the last month or so I am pleased I'm not as poor in form as I thought. Though I will never be as fast as I THINK I was ;)
Anyway, a nice coffee and cake with the family and then home for late walk for the dogs.
A nice afternoon riding and also with the family.
Again, just thought I'd share a nice day, hope everyone else had a nice one.
Jamie

Hiding from the wind

Back around that coast for a coffee

Nice road down and around Brough Harbour

Looks grand Jamie,

Managed to get a muddy midlothian off road loop in before weather went horrid again.
Loving my half fat, its just a tractor that keeps on plugging :D

That looks lovely where you are Jamie.So peaceful looking. A slight wind was there :? Kind of looks like that kind of weather. The perfect kind*

*Except when its blowing down hill and youre going up :LOL:

Not sure i should post this pic up :? ,I dont want to be inundated with begging letters :LOL: (but will answer MacRetro riders ;))
Including my own hope stuff but excluding all the red custom ano stuff and 3 more Pro2 wheels

YES I DO SO CYCLE :shock:

Attachments

• Hope Timeline through design changes 005 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Timeline through design changes 005 (Custom).JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 130
Back