Show us what you did today, thread

Good aurora pics Jamie. Here in Lochaber it was cloudy when ever I went out, just for a change.

Re Caithness - can you advise if there is anywhere in the world with more ticks per square yard than Limekiln Wood at Reay? I did a job there last year and came back with 112 of the wee bu___rs attached and dug in. I'd swept off 1000s during the day. Never seen the likes. Previous Caithness job we got rained on with volcanic ash. I could go off Caithness, but liking your pics - the coast is great and the big skies.....

Back to bikes - it stopped raining today! Took a wee trundle down Rhu Arisaig this evening. Just a nice end to an otherwise crap day. And the gloaming is back. Hooray for spring and bikes.

Attachments

• P3030003.JPG
    P3030003.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 153
Took my 1937 Silver Sunbeam out for a trundle

Once were woods...

Contrast old v new. 1937 Sunbeam versus 2014 Eagle mangler.

Nearly home

Don't suppose anyone has a chaincase cover disk for a Sunbeam?

file.php

Whats the bike? Looks like a nice beasty. :)

dyna-ti":11112at4 said:
A nice looking bike that Sunbeam ,did you restore it yourself ?

I've always liked the lines of Sunbeams.

It's not restored. Just the oily rag wipe over making it look better than it is.

Except the back wheel. That's NOS :)

The brakes are 1950s though - I like being able to stop. :)

I'll be making a few more mods in character - basically the sort of thing an original owner would have done over the next 20 years, hence the 50s brakes.

I will confess most vintage roadsters look the same to me and thus find it difficult to single out the lines of a Sunbeam over a Rudge, Humber, Raleigh, Pashley or even New Gerard the Edinburgh make I'd like to clap eyes on.
That said its a style of bike I like lots and they are very comfy if somewhat/very heavy.

I must admit I am intrigued....maybe one of you two should start a thread in road bikes or general? A 'Show us yer roadster' thread.

Back