Show us what you did today, thread

Thanks guys but i was prodding for praise :LOL:
Its just Ash but quarter riving gives it the best looking face it can.

Piccys are terrible, this is where I need Klaus :)
TBH i dont want to give it away because of the work and time involved, but the chap has done me proud for years so its only fair.

@ Epicyclo
Silky Oak is amazing. That cracked ice figuring can look beyond words. I had some veneer and used it to crossband an edge around a salon type table.
Wouldnt happen to have a few planks lying around do you :D Piled up with the Bubinga :LOL:

A chap i know(passed away in a m/cycle accident) had what is known as 'Freak' veneers. Originally from an Elm and it was incredible to look at. There must have been 1/2 dozen different colours .Very swirly with greens twisting into purple then into red , Part showed a really light purple that was almost lilac in fact closer to blue. Never have i seen finer :cool:

Too cold for pictures

52 miles 3200 feet of elevation and it was colder than a cold thing on a cold day. Great fun going up the Glennifer Braes with the snow and ice on the roads, my back wheel spinning and no forward movement from the bike, it was almost a backward slow motion moment.

Avg Temperature: 31.8 °F... Min Temperature: 28.4 °F

Friday50route.png

Friday50elevation.png

Clubby, replied in other post before I saw this. That looks great, there's nae feckin mud.
When I was last there we just stuck to the main forest roads/paths, that certainly looks much more interesting.
And another + point, it's fairly flat in there, unlike Pitmudden, Blairmudam, etc.

Sorry OCP, that was in reply to FFTC's quip about my socks from Saturdays fat bike ride in North Berwick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 96
Back