Show us what you did today, thread

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
RobMac":3upf061o said:
jimihendrix":3upf061o said:
kaiser":3upf061o said:
Looking good Markie, strong money for a U brake tho! Did you no check ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DiaTech-Gordo ... 390wt_1396

Still its always the last wee bits and bobs the cost as much!

I know, CRC have decent ones at 20 odd quid but i had to have the one at £50 :roll: , what the hell though, i'm building the bike to keep and ride, not sell :)

" i'm building the bike to keep and ride, not sell " That concept will be a bit alien to Eck :LOL:

just cause your the biggest hoarder in fife :p

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
RobMac":2jolhq30 said:
Kaiser Im showing my ignorance, the Ibis is a MTB right? :oops:

Tis a MTB but I'll be building it with drops :)

clockworkgazz":291azxgg said:
kaiser":291azxgg said:
Won myself a rather cool post last night for the Ibis :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290637099169? ... 720wt_1396

Looking good and a good price, you got handlebars?

:D

6452147741_c0a11ce9fd_z.jpg

Its just that the Sugino post is a road post watch for the muck'n'water goin down the flutes, its a crackin post BTW :shock:

clockworkgazz":281y3ufm said:
Does look cool but not convinced its the best set up for an offroader but wtf you only live once. :LOL:

Horses for courses really, I used the drops on the C2C2C and never felt that I wished I had flats. But I don't think they are the next big thing or owt just building something different. When considering the 'best set up for an offroader' I dinne think I'd start with a 26yr old frame anyway :LOL: This is building for collecting sake same as the Ritchey, it'll get a shakedown maybe once a year but apart from that its on the wall.

RobMac":1fqomm7p said:
Its just that the Sugino post is a road post watch for the muck'n'water goin down the flutes, its a crackin post BTW :shock:

Aye I picked up on that when researching it, couple of folks had to cut them out! Makes it all the rarer ;) Using road post was common at the time as thats all there was! As the sloping top tube took off longer mtb specific posts started appearing, this is probably on the early side but it looks cool, which is the main thing :D

What year is the ibis K? I thought it was 86/7 - mtb seatposts were easily available by then, but the fashion wasn't to have them that long, I think most were 300 tops.
You need a hite-rite on the ibis too :)

Back