Show us what you did today, thread

Today i bought this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280769939720? ... fresh=true

I needed something thats not flash and i can ride to the shops and into the city centre and be happy to leave locked up.
TBH thats all i ever joined this bloody forum to find and buy........3 titanium and a full sus Later :LOL: :LOL:

And i still dont have my bloody Clockwork :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Your lucky, I had a bicycle addiction long before I hit retrobike. An addict should not go into a drug store :roll: :LOL:

Nice blue collar bike, just as I like them, enjoy ;)

Tazio":t70h2y2k said:
Started work on a scam to make the Sunn look like it has more 98 XT than it really has.

A 98 chainset would be a bit more money than I want to pay so I got a Deore LX from 98 for £12 from Rio in the for sale section. Visually it looks almost identical to the 98 4 arm except it has a black big ring instead of silver.

So I've rubbed it down at 400 wet and dry to get rid of the worst scratches and marks and lose the LX decals. I've got some 800, 1600 and steel wool in work. I don't want to to go down the Autosol route as I think that I should be able to get it to a matt finish that will be almost the same as the frame.

Here it is after a quick rubdown with 400

Can I just I think these are the most hideous cranks ever created. Total hairy warty boil of an item :!: Keep up the polishing though :LOL:

For a Sunn you need summat a bit more elegant 737's for example toplines cooks etc.

kaiser":rug4h4m3 said:
Can I just I think these are the most hideous cranks ever created. Total hairy warty boil of an item :!: Keep up the polishing though :LOL:

Period correct hairy warty boil though.

kaiser":1wm79mox said:
For a Sunn you need summat a bit more elegant 737's for example toplines cooks etc.

Someone better sub me the cash then. Pretty as it would be I'm not shoving £150 cranks on a £50 frame.

Back