Show me your rigid GT's :0)

cce":1l4vga72 said:
pickle, blue looks good

my buddy who had one of these BITD ran a middleburn chainset with blue spider and blue middle ring. it worked well. he also had the manitou "mars bar" forks. they worked less well.

original spec on these was mostly STX ISTR

somewhere in my parents loft is a 1996 backwoods frame that has the exact same decalway as your RTS. it's a 20inch though.

If you go blue go the Aqua/Turquoise shade because you'll drive yourself nut trying to get the darker blue ano stuff. Have been working hard for a couple years on getting clean stuff for my sons Xizang.

gm1230126":fitmps9w said:
cce":fitmps9w said:
pickle, blue looks good

my buddy who had one of these BITD ran a middleburn chainset with blue spider and blue middle ring. it worked well. he also had the manitou "mars bar" forks. they worked less well.

original spec on these was mostly STX ISTR

somewhere in my parents loft is a 1996 backwoods frame that has the exact same decalway as your RTS. it's a 20inch though.

If you go blue go the Aqua/Turquoise shade because you'll drive yourself nut trying to get the darker blue ano stuff. Have been working hard for a couple years on getting clean stuff for my sons Xizang.

agreed

i went nuts trying to find stuff and eventually abandoned the whole project

dia-compe did ink blue brakes and levers, x-lite did a few bits, but that was all i could find.

Yea, I think I'll go down the blue route as apposed to red; especially as I've done blue on the RTS.

I think I'll only do a small, subtle amount. Maybe just bar, ends, post and grips.

We'll see..... ;)

gm1230126 Nice, whats the story with the timing on the tandem cranks?
My '91 Team Avalanche with its U brake removed
GTS008.jpg
[/img]

I've always had a thing for old Gt's since owning my 1st '92 Timberline that was replaced by a '93 Karakoram when it was stolen.

I'm currently running a 95ish Avalanche (with all the cable guides removed for a cleaner look), with surly rigids, & modern LX/XT that gets a right old thrashing-will have to give it a clean and take its piccy.

retroking#1":4yk9cn8x said:
gm1230126 Nice, whats the story with the timing on the tandem cranks?
My '91 Team Avalanche with its U brake removed
GTS008.jpg
[/img]

My 91 Team Avalanche has a yellow twin 92 Team Avalanche

There's two schools on tandem cranks and me and the Mrs like it this way.

Attachments

• DSC07684.JPG
    DSC07684.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 792
  • DSC07685.JPG
    DSC07685.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 792
Back