show me: your old-school hardcore builds

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
you know the stuff i mean. small hardtail frames (werent most of them zaskars?) with bomber Z1's etc

the first gen of jump, slalom etc bikes

I had one of these back in 2000, only mine was yellow and had gears 1x7, other than that, mine was almost the same set-up (shocks, 3pc cranks).

This bike IS one of, if not the first "true" DJ bike. (This is a 1998 SE OM Flyer)

payaso1_copy0_lg.jpg

This is an early Azonic I built a while back. Just a tad too small for me but a hoot to ride.

4538745820_73385f0b94_b.jpg

JeffGothro":2xs9fzjs said:
This bike IS one of, if not the first "true" DJ bike. (This is a 1998 SE OM Flyer)

P0rn King, 24, Evil, Spooky , and Brooklyn Machine Works were all making DJ bikes in 96/97.

FMJ":2hup8224 said:
JeffGothro":2hup8224 said:

P0rn King, 24, Evil, Spooky , and Brooklyn Machine Works were all making DJ bikes in 96/97.

I did say "one of" too...anyway, it doesnt matter.

I thought Blk Mrkt was first in 04 or whenever it was. In fact, I saw or read an interview with Carter Holland and he was complaining that whatever was on the market at the time was either to weak, or poor geomentry (for the most part, small XC frames for short riders - converted to DJ). I guess he never hear of those bikes you mentioned, or an OM Flyer.

no pics but we were throwing the early Claud Butler aluminium builds down the 'jumps' in '91. I bent my new LX crank...

JeRkY":9z2i742e said:
P5132298.jpg

Prototype, pace trials bike based on the RC100 circa 1989/90

You riding that at all? I'd love to give it a spin.... would have liked to have bought it myself.

Photo0005.jpg

My old Identiti Dr Jekyll (or was it a Mr Hyde?) as it stands now. Sold it to a friend a few years back. When new it had some Formula disk brakes & Rock Shock Psylo race forks, but they all broke over the years.

Latest posts

Back