Show me your Corratec's

I got a big kick out of the fact that the Corratec's were heavily marketed as German Technology. Yet they were made in Italy.

I know this thread and got the 1992 catalog from there. There are a lot of links to someones Dropbox with other catalog scans, unfortunately now broken links.

There are a lot of links to someones Dropbox with other catalog scans, unfortunately now broken links.
yes, you're right, but i have done a clean up recently,
from this post onwards there are all available catalogues we do have so far.

Sure, it would be good to get them also in the archive here, just the process seems still a bit broken unless someone has an update how to add them easily to the archive?

Sure, it would be good to get them also in the archive here, just the process seems still a bit broken unless someone has an update how to add them easily to the archive?
Cool I will check it out again!

Looks like i got the 1992 catalog from you :)

I asked about adding catalog scans since I have some others that might not be here too.

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/adding-catalog-scans.441637/

Looks like you can either post them in the catalog thread or send them directly to FluffyChicken who is archive admin. Since you have such nice pdfs already, it might be best to email them to him directly, then you don't have to deal with upload limits in the forum.

Here, finally, my 1992 Corratec 2005. I really need to get my real camera out and start using it again, I haven't for a long time. The pictures need to be better quality for a post in the Users' Bikes section.

I got the bike erste Hand, from the original owner, and was blown over by the paint. The orange is faded, unfortunately, and any tips for livening it up without destroying the intricate decals would be welcome.

I got it as a replacement for the Shogun I destroyed, so had plans to turn it into a drop bar mountain bike (my preferred format) and had components, primarily XTR 951 and XT 739, to put on the frame. I have never had major qualms about remixing a bike to suit me better, especially if we are talking of a roughly period correct upgrade (ie, something the original owner might have done over the years owning and using the bike). Plus as a distinctly mid-level model, the 2005 doesn't have the collector's appeal that say, a 2001 or an early bow bike does. With a sturdy triple butted Tange frameset it was a bike that was meant to be used.

(Also, just to address up front questions about my unique choice of cranks--I run very short cranks, 150mm, due to knee problems. It means any bike I buy automatically needs new cranks, and this adds up really quickly, right along with my leather saddle bill. Plus not a lot of options in this length that are adult safe. I keep meaning to remove the logo and tidy them up, but you know how it goes...)

Out of sheer laziness I am using an ahead stem on an adapter. I wanted a rideable bike right away, and I guess it doesn't look horrific. I plan to replace this with a period correct crmo stem once I figure out the fit I need. The original stem had a paint job that matched the frame, and I am planning to replicate this.

IMG_20220223_131643_778.jpg

IMG_20220223_131745_149.jpg

IMG_20220223_131804_716.jpg

IMG_20220223_132145_912.jpg

The decal detail is really amazing, especially next to this spatter water bottle cage. I have a period correct black Specialized mounted on the seat tube and plan to do a pink and white splatter job on it once I am sitting down to do the stem. Trying to contain the paint splatting as much as possible.

IMG_20220223_131939_764.jpg

Last edited:
The 2005 conversion is basically done and has its own bike thread now.

Here is a shot, there are more in the thread:

IMG_20220413_113433_522.jpg

The 2005 conversion is basically done and has its own bike thread now
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1992-corratec-2005-drop-bar-conversion.443144/[/URL]

Here is a shot, there are more in the thread:

View attachment 618571

Hi,
you may remember, we had some earlier discussions finding your bike in the old catalogs, but haven't been successful.
Just another guess, maybe this bike is already from 1991 or an interim variant, not in 1991 nor in 1992 catalog?

The model 2005 in the 1991 looks a bit different in colors from the picture.
1650438170687.png
but at the 2004 the green and yellow itself fit to the colors of your bike (just reverted) pretty well.
Corratec 2004 1991.jpg
in the price list the yellow green paintjob seem to be an color variant of the 2005 model.
1650438000211.png

Here is the 1991 catalog.

Anyway, your build looks great, i do even like the cranks (just have used a similar one for a kids bike for a friend). Just the Tire selection looks to me a bit uninspired, there are better, nicer and better looking 26" tires, but sure the Black Jack are cheap and do the job too.

Last edited:
Hi,
you may remember, we had some earlier discussions finding your bike in the old catalogs, but haven't been successful.
Just another guess, maybe this bike is already from 1991 or an interim variant, not in 1991 nor in 1992 catalog?

The model 2005 in the 1991 looks a bit different in colors from the picture.
View attachment 620512
but at the 2004 the green and yellow itself fit to the colors of your bike (just reverted) pretty well.
View attachment 620509
in the price list the yellow green paintjob seem to be an color variant of the 2005 model.
View attachment 620510

Here is the 1991 catalog.

Anyway, your build looks great, i do even like the cranks (just have used a similar one for a kids bike for a friend). Just the Tire selection looks to me a bit uninspired, there are better, nicer and better looking 26" tires, but sure the Black Jack are cheap and do the job too.
Yeah, the tires. The funny thing is the work quite well, since I often ride a ways on pavement to get to the trails, and on the Waldwege they are quite fast. I do plan to get some Smart Sams for the bike, I have them on my "gravel" bike in 700x47c and like them a lot on mixed riding, but they seem to be unavailable right now. I will wait it out a bit longer...

Yeah, I was having a little difficulty dating the bike. And yeah, the paint job is precisely the opposite of a 1991 2004.

The 1992 catalog features a black bike as the main color with what looks like a bike with the same green/blue stays and red main triangle as the other color:

Screenshot_20220304-093725~2.png
The text, however, says this is "orange."

My thought was that either mine really faded, or this was one of those "Änderungen vorbehalten" /"subject to change" things.

The bike did come with Bullbars, however, which first appeared in 1992, correct?

Yeah, the tires. The funny thing is the work quite well, since I often ride a ways on pavement to get to the trails, and on the Waldwege they are quite fast. I do plan to get some Smart Sams for the bike, I have them on my "gravel" bike in 700x47c and like them a lot on mixed riding, but they seem to be unavailable right now. I will wait it out a bit longer...

Yeah, I was having a little difficulty dating the bike. And yeah, the paint job is precisely the opposite of a 1991 2004.

The 1992 catalog features a black bike as the main color with what looks like a bike with the same green/blue stays and red main triangle as the other color:

View attachment 620599
The text, however, says this is "orange."

My thought was that either mine really faded, or this was one of those "Änderungen vorbehalten" /"subject to change" things.

The bike did come with Bullbars, however, which first appeared in 1992, correct?
The paint could have faded significantly. I picked up an MS Racing bike and the original neon yellow faded to an ugly yellow / brown.

Latest posts

Back