Should I get a bell?

yer, except we weren't playing. :) actually that isn't true. I only did it for a few months, I was never a longtimer at it but it paid some of my bills over summer. the city was Manchester which at the time didn't really have the glam and glitz cycle courier wannabe scene that london seems to have. We all had similar bikes, ropey but well maintained but looking like they'd be ridden through a wall, nothing as well presented as that picture, it would be nicked if we did. you only put your whistle in at known hotspots (piccadilly, st peters square, etc.) everywhere else you just shooted. :)

I think I seem to have found a couple of potential candidates.

The thing is...
I just can't seem to bring myself to actually commit to buy, let alone install that on my handlebars.
So un-aero! 😧

I've always been a bike snob.😭 I knew it long ago.🤣

I use a Knog OI Luxe that I got when they were on sale. It's not the loudest, but most people hear clearly unless they have headphones on. It makes quite a nice sound, in my opinion, which helps get a positive reaction. I wouldn't want one that was loud enough for headphone wearers, because that would be too loud for everyone else.

Back