Shipping bike to New Zealand

Mahoney1978

Retro Guru
Has anyone had experience with/using Seven Seas for shipping internationally? They have quoted a door to door service (inclduing all packaging materials) of around GBP125.00 which seems resonable considering the distance.

Also - if you have any other ideas on how to get my bike to me that could be more economical than the above option (or quicker? Seven Seas estiamte 81 days) then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

eviltroy":2c595w2r said:
Must be a fancy bike to ship all the way down here! :shock:

hmmmm. It is to me, but most others would probably not think so :oops: !!

It's a (my) 1991 Raleigh Dyna Tech Sentinel (bottom of the line Dyna Tech from it's year). The original Steel frame de-bonded at the down tube/head tube lug (in roughly 1993/4), and the frame was replaced by Raleigh under warranty.

As the Steel Dyna's were no longer being produced when this one 'broke', they replaced it with a new Dyna Tech frame. The letter Raleigh sent me explained that I now had the new titanium main tubes/steel lugged frame, but resprayed it in the Sentinel's colours.

I suppose it's sentimental more than anything, but also (probably) a very rare bike.

eviltroy":7ooky5ql said:
That does indeed sound rather special.. :)

Also the postage cost of GBP125 (or NZD250) doesn't get you much in the way of 'retro' on Trademe either.

May sell my Muddy Fox to help fund the move.

Mahoney1978":1ly7dg1n said:
eviltroy":1ly7dg1n said:

Also the postage cost of GBP125 (or NZD250) doesn't get you much in the way of 'retro' on Trademe either.

Yeah I hear ya, the retro prices on Trade Me just seem to keep climbing - I did pick up a 95 marin pine mountain for $30 once lol (Turned it into an awesome ss) How much would you get for your muddy fox? Not to many of those around these parts..

eviltroy":3na4raay said:
Mahoney1978":3na4raay said:
eviltroy":3na4raay said:

Yeah I hear ya, the retro prices on Trade Me just seem to keep climbing - I did pick up a 95 marin pine mountain for $30 once lol (Turned it into an awesome ss) How much would you get for your muddy fox? Not to many of those around these parts..

Not sure to be honest. I admit I paid peanuts for it, but it was in a helluva state when I got it. It did take a whole lot of effort and elbow grease to restore (plus I paid a LBS to put new cables etc on).

It's a Japanese Fox (quite rare from what I can see) and has a Lugged Tange Prestige Frame, Full Deore XT (M730) group set.... I'm really not sure I would get back (all up) what I paid to restore it??

This is a real invaison by the colonials : ),

I brought a Lapierre Xcontrol in Jan from a local dealer, but looked at buying one from the uk, they were talking about $180nz shipping, I think it was evans? or whoever the major lapierre dealer was that is pretty prominent in the uk - might be worth an email to them as they may be able to ship it for you - or give you a contact for who they use?

good luck mate

Funnily enough the original bike was bought from Evans Cycles!! I did contact them to see if they would consider shipping my bike, but they wouldn't. Shame as $180 is a good price.

Back