SHIMANO 200GS rear mech replacement

DHder

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks, I am looking for a good replacement for my SHIMANO 200GS rear mech, ideally I would like another SHIMANO 200GS but so far as I can tell thats not an option anymore, could I just replace it with say a SHIMANO tourney?

I mean the rear mech is still working but the finish has surface rust and Im trying to get the bike to look mint, its a 1992 claud butler oracle BTW.

200GS works, but isn't collectable. Put a wanted ad up here, someone will probably send you one for free (or very little). Such a mech is worth no more than £5, and that's including postage.

wire wool and silvo will make it shiny again and gt85/wd40 will make the black blacker

if you really wan a new rear mech sjscycles sometimes has 300lx etc popping up or hold out for ebay,an lx/xt/dx would be cool,a tourney wouldnt :twisted: cheap but the oracles worthy for better imho :D

chris667":3kgw2vqj said:
200GS works, but isn't collectable. Put a wanted ad up here, someone will probably send you one for free (or very little). Such a mech is worth no more than £5, and that's including postage.

:D We have a retrobike price regulator
Nice you volunteered for the job :LOL: :LOL:

longun":1wrehkwp said:
wire wool and silvo will make it shiny again and gt85/wd40 will make the black blacker

if you really wan a new rear mech sjscycles sometimes has 300lx etc popping up or hold out for ebay,an lx/xt/dx would be cool,a tourney wouldnt :twisted: cheap but the oracles worthy for better imho :D

Im on this like white on rice, will try tomorrow.

Agency_Scum":1wrehkwp said:
PM me yer address and when me XT arrives you can have my Exage rear mech. How's that?

Going to try that make it look good again if I get no luck and the surface rust is to bad then I will PM you.
Thank you for the offer

Latest posts

Back