Setting up V-brakes with new brake noodles, which do I use?

mezzanine

Retro Guru
Hi,

Got some brakes that I'm setting up and I'm missing the brake noodles and boots. M570 Lx.

I see online most say 90 degrees for the rear v-brake (is this for a nice straight line). Plus 135 degree noodles for the front for most UK bikers. Third option seems to be a 45 degree noodle, very short metal tube ? What is the correct way and is the 45 degree noodle for Trails bikes maybe?

Ta

Sod any convention or rules, just use whatever gives you the nicest transition from cable outer to noodle.

I ended up with the 90 on the front which was opposite to what I got advised ... :LOL:

WD :D

My bike has around 135º at the front and back. 90º wouldn't give a good cable line on either of them.

Just another note - the avid noodles respond quite well to slight bending to get the angle perfect, the shitano noodles weren't quite as forgiving in this respect (more prone to kinking).

I've seen those but never used them - I get the feeling they won't be as long lasting / robust as the fixed type. Could be a good problem solver though ?

Back