Sent some parts off to be re-anodised !

How are you painting in the recessed wording. With model enamel paint, it might be best to use a tooth pick and dip it in hte paint then in the lettering. Enamel finds it own level and will spread along the letters. Better than doing it with a very fine paint brush. A syringe with ink filler needle on it might be good as well. Just a thought.

ian.allen2":1075o89t said:
How are you painting in the recessed wording. With model enamel paint, it might be best to use a tooth pick and dip it in hte paint then in the lettering. Enamel finds it own level and will spread along the letters. Better than doing it with a very fine paint brush. A syringe with ink filler needle on it might be good as well. Just a thought.
Pour it in (use a syringe also) then wipe the access away with a stretched cloth is how I've done it in the past without a problem. OK you waste a bit of paint but I feel it works.

Nob":1efg4qet said:
TGR":1efg4qet said:
It's not PB stuff.Richard
Even so its looks pretty awful
Bollocks Nob! If you haven't got anything constructive or anything that helps the forum keep the f*cker to yourself.

Nob 99'9% of your posts are either piss take or horrible! How do you sleep at night!

Regards.
A c*nt and merry christmas to you too :xmas-wink:

ian.allen2":2uzzwuzu said:
I like the idea of using a syringe to fill the words in on the stem :cool:

Being an avid model maker I've got the job in hand and will be using Humbrol gloss black to fill in the letter.

Cheers.
Ian.

Nob":35z1t4ap said:
ian.allen2":35z1t4ap said:
Pour it in (use a syringe also) then wipe the access away with a stretched cloth is how I've done it in the past without a problem. OK you waste a bit of paint but I feel it works.
Ian is asking me the question not you Nob! So in true form here's that sign just for you.............

smiley-finger007.gif

Glad you like them.
I meant to offer to do the paint but I completely forgot!
Any excess paint can be removed with paint stripper on a cotton bud.

Rampage":s5bj9gql said:
Glad you like them.
Hi Chris, Yes I'm very happy with them, no worries that you didn't paint the words in, I'll enjoy painting them in.

Thanks.
Ian.

These pictures are for Nob! just to show the original condition of the stem before I attacked it :?

Obviously engraved/pantographed or what ever you call it, well before the Polish guy started doing his work.

IMGP4111_zpse6233b1e.jpg

IMGP4109_zpsa39b62d6.jpg

IMGP4106_zps46b82712.jpg

IMGP4107_zpsae07f17e.jpg

Ian Raleigh":1eqeqd62 said:
ian.allen2":1eqeqd62 said:
I like the idea of using a syringe to fill the words in on the stem :cool:

Being an avid model maker I've got the job in hand and will be using Humbrol gloss black to fill in the letter.

Cheers.
Ian.

Cant wait to see them finished. They will look great.
Black lettering on chrome, anodized, polished steel etc looks great.

Rampage":2fuvv4hg said:
Glad you like them.

How much does it cost to get a chainset done? Thinking of getting Tel to engrave the campag logo on my C.Record cranks and then re anodize after that....

Stephen

Back