Selle Italia Flite 1990 Saddle 2011

HA! Love that ebay listing! I see he's taking offers :LOL:

It could be percieved that it is good that the new flite is recognisably different...

If you consider you have scrabbled around to find the best original flites you can...

Suddenly, boom! Everybody has mint flites that are pretty much indistinguishable from yours? Without any effort or knowledge on their part. Wouldn't that suck?

There is advantage in the fact that those in the know can tell the reissues apart from the real deal

True the new one does look fuller, and the rails are notably lower, so I prefer the old ones...

But as well as aiding recognition, these changes enable better showing off of a trick seat post... Maybe it's even a bit more comfy for being a bit fuller?

Might even mean that your saddle doesn't start to crack where the top of the seatpost clamp collides with the shell over bumps ;)

WD Pro":374bs2ms said:
How much were the various flite versions BITD ?

Cheers,

WD :D

As in the initial RRP for each version released over the years? That requires a trawl through the mags/adverts! Be nice to get a timeline up together though, wouldn't it - with photos, adverts and prices.

I'm confused about the '1990' part though, I thought it was released in summer '91.

MikeD":7t23tjxn said:
Might even mean that your saddle doesn't start to crack where the top of the seatpost clamp collides with the shell over bumps ;)

If you stay seated over bumps?

Hover, man--hover that hiney!

just got one and love it

but i am very easily pleased and did not have a real one back in the day as i could not afford one

stubbsy. :D

Cool that there's re-issue.
But the rails are very different from original, the design of the saddle is not so low.
And only black colors

WD Pro":cjt2cav4 said:
How much were the various flite versions BITD ?

Cheers,

WD :D

Had a quick look in the August 1992 MBUK and prices for the original Flite range from £39 to £48. A white one was £59. ;)

Back