Seat post removal services in the 'South'

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm well aware of https://theseatpostman.com/ but does anyone know of someone offering the same/similar service in the South or other parts of England?
The frame I have with a stuck post really isn't worth the price quoted by tspm let alone the postage costs on top, so I'd like to know if there are other providers elsewhere in the country.

Ta!

Dependant on the what the frame/ post combo is.

I’ve not failed since I’ve discovered this stuff

That Arctic Hayes Crack-it is good. Bit of a spray with that and leave to soak for a while, then heat the frame a with hot air gun and then quickly spray the seat post with crack it and give it a yoink. Had a few stubborn ones out this way.

I'm well aware of https://theseatpostman.com/ but does anyone know of someone offering the same/similar service in the South or other parts of England?
The frame I have with a stuck post really isn't worth the price quoted by tspm let alone the postage costs on top, so I'd like to know if there are other providers elsewhere in the country.

Ta!

i think if you want it out cheap you have to do it yourself - if a professional takes the job on, they have to get it done, and it can take a while!

Dependant on the what the frame/ post combo is.

I’ve not failed since I’ve discovered this stuff

I've tried plumbers freezing spray in the past and was disappointed.

I've probably only dissolved a dozen or 2 properly seized posts - although we can apply substantial leverage through the bench vice so it's not usually necessary to use Chemical weapons. Most posts come out with some heat and two people applying leverage - occasionally the post twists and fails though.

but if this spray is worth a go?

I do have a can of the Crack-it, but I'm still keen to find a more local service provider.

I'm sure I had identified someone in the Wiltshire/Somerset area, but can't for the life of me remember who that was or if indeed it was in that area 😂

My vice/bench set-up needs improving if I were to take it on myself so I'd be spending money on that element anyway.

What's the frame material and condition, /post insertion length and time since it last moved?
If you're passing through Bristol you could drop the almost bare frame in and we could see if the good old brute force and heat will do it.
If we literally clamp the post in the vice, heat the frame and lever, it usually gets moving - then you can do the rest yourself.
5 minute job mate.
Although involving 2 people, a 6" record and 200kg of workbench, and it will definitely ruin your post.

I've just bought some of the freeze spray too - we can always make iced cappucinos if no-one brings us any more seized posts.

What's the frame material and condition, /post insertion length and time since it last moved?
If you're passing through Bristol you could drop the almost bare frame in and we could see if the good old brute force and heat will do it.
If we literally clamp the post in the vice, heat the frame and lever, it usually gets moving - then you can do the rest yourself.
5 minute job mate.
Although involving 2 people, a 6" record and 200kg of workbench, and it will definitely ruin your post.

I've just bought some of the freeze spray too - we can always make iced cappucinos if no-one brings us any more seized posts.
Alloy post (i think), steel frame. It's a good way in but not all the way.

Would love an option that saves the post, but not crucial.

I do pass through Bristol from time to time, so might take you up on the offer, thanks!

Alloy post (i think), steel frame. It's a good way in but not all the way.

Would love an option that saves the post, but not crucial.

I do pass through Bristol from time to time, so might take you up on the offer, thanks!

Obviously don’t use heat as suggested. That’ll go against your aim. You need cold on a steel frame with alloy post.

The only professional way is using a puller that pulls straight and up. I keep toying with the idea of having one made. I’ve heard of people using a slide hammer.

Back