Scrotes visited in the night...

BerthaPog

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
All,

Heads up, thieving scrotes visited during the night, so pleas keep your eyes pealed for the following (starting from Warwick), I'll get pictures and full specs up later but many will be in build threads, realise some are modern/road.

In no particular order (they're all fairly distinctive/unique builds):

1998 Kona Kilaeua 19" Yellow
1996 Kona AA 18" Grey
1990 Kona Fire Mountain 18" Blue Splatter
2006 (ish) On-One Inbred 18" Red
Late '90s/early 00's Trek 4300 13" Blue
Late '00s Marin Larkspur (Ladies drop frame) 14" Silver
2013 Giant Defy 0, just been serviced and upgraded with Ultegra crank/brakes
Early '80's Witcomb, black

My full tool kit (mainly Park but others as well), various wheels, and a box of nice parts - pristine x-lite ski bends in black and purple, Topline cranks with red spider/sugino ring, Ti x-lite straight bars (red end caps a bit tatty), ti-Flite with cutout, M900 front and rear mechs, Kona Curve brakeset, and various other bits and bobs.

Feeling more than a little pee'd off.

Would appreciate letting me know if you see any of these for sale etc.

TedC

Re:

Feeling for you Ted - that's one hell of a lot to lose in one hit :( Were you out when they struck?

Re:

Keeping them peeled. Silly question but have you taken a drive round to see if they dumped stuff they didn't want after away from your house?

Re:

No we were in, hit overnight lifting the up-and over garage door (which we never use, and was "screwed shut" though obviously not enough).

They're never left visible, don't even leave the bike rack on the car, so must have noticed me ride out/back/take one out of the car at some point, and got lucky with what the found.

Re:

Barstewards.
There's some distinctive stuff in there though, so fingers crossed that someone on here will spot it

Re:

Thanks for the kind words chaps - quick drive round has revealed nothing (thanks for the tip). Just pulling together the set of sheets to leave with local bike shops/cash converters etc.

They didn't take everything, leaving the one that is financially worthless, but emotionally priceless, CSI are due round at some point, some of the stuff not taken has been moved, so there's a chance on fingerprints.

Re:

Oh pants thats a real sh1tter!

Hope they get the scrotes.

Will keep my eyes peeled.

Re:

Well they clearly new what they'd found, cleaned me out of inner tubes (boxed and in a drawer), the boxed parts I'd just taken off the Giant (non-series cranks and brakes, but put in the Ultegra boxes, seat packs with tools/tubes, they left the wheels, and the box of bike jumble/karma bits.

Sadly nothing obvious on for the crime scene guy to find, garage door person on there way...

Some more info/pictures/links to build threads

The Kilauea: Build thread, it's had shiny new bar-ends (=x-lite pros in blue etc, but pretty much as you see it. Mustard yellow with chainsuck and minor rust marks around seat stay bridge, blue Marzocchi Z3 Light forks, (inc alloy steerer), M739 XT rear mech, M569 LX front mech, chainset, shifters, blue x-lite pro bar ends, stem cap, bar plugs, Wheels are Mavic 220 on petrol blue rims, LX rear, and Kona front hub, Panaracer Fire XC Pro blue wall tyres. Avid brakes, Flight Trans Am Max saddle, Time ATAC pedals. Cassette was a two ride old M373 NOS, also has Clear Crud Guards (rear one with the alloy stays).
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... it=kilauea
Last picture of it below.

The Inbred: again been finished and ridden since this was taken, Red 2006(?) Frame, sliding dropouts plus hanger, Full 2011 Deore groupset, shimano, MT55 wheels (white rims), Marzocchi suspension forks, RaceFace bars and stem. Charge Spoon saddle, Time ATAC cage pedals, seat post is now black as well.:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... lit=inbred

The Witcomb: was "built up", Black, with gold lug lining, chromed forks and drive side chainstay – this is really quite rare, Witcomb was a small shop in SE London who built there own frames. Frame has not been cleaned since purchase, it still had the price tag on it. Picture of the frame. Now fitted wih wheels, with distinctive Michelin black and turquoise tyres. Rear mech is first gen DuraAce, Brakes have just had new Clarkes pads fitted. White bar tape, “world champion plugs & tape”, Brev Campagnolo drop outs, brown suede saddle:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... it=witcomb

The Fire Mountain: Pretty much as I bought it, was sporting bar tape wrapped Kona Dewey bar ends, hopefully Splatter Paint won't mind the link to his for sale thread for the pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=313421&p=2346267&hilit=fire#p2346267

The AA: Bought as a frame (somewhat tatty), and used as my shopping bike, Dark grey frame, lots of chips and scratches. rear rack, slick tyres, rear rack, mudguards, Shimano wheels, red stem spacers, 2010 Deore drive train, Avid brakes, Charge Spoon saddle, no name flat pedals.
Picture below.

The Trek: Built up from a frame from here: random bits, but nice Marzocchi forks. Picture below.

The Giant: 2013, pretty much stock, with following upgrades: brand new Ultegra 6700 Chainset & Brake Calipers, Elite Black/Blue bottle cages, Garmin mount, cadence and speed sensors, brand new, never ridden Continetal GP4000S2 tyres, just serviced apart from the Ultegra cranks and brakes, had new bar tape (Specialized). Stock picture below (as I don't have one).

The Marin: Silver, standard plus mudguards, rear rack and Karrimor rack bag. Don't have any good pictures, so stock one I'm afraid.

Attachments

• IMG_0584_edited-2.jpg
    IMG_0584_edited-2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_1827_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_1827_edited-1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_0925-1_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0925-1_edited-1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,046
  • marin_jpg.jpg
    marin_jpg.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,046
  • defy_0.jpg
    defy_0.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,046
Re:

Did the splatter fire mountain have a grip shift sticker on it? A badly described 'aluminium kona frame' has just been listed on ebay and it's in Coventry, not too far from you.

Back