Scrotes visited in the night...

:( Bugger.

I have a lot of saved searches on ebay anyway for some obscure stuff, misspelled stuff and park tools. If any of this lot surfaces on their, i'm pretty sure i'l sus it. Unfortunately it does seem this is far from an amateur job so they prob woont be that stupid.

If you can put up the frame numbers it might help in the future as they surface. I know im not the only person that googles a frame no before handing over cash, incase it pops up in a thread like this.

If you need a bike to ride to keep you going, let me know!

This is very sad indeed. I will keep a look out if any surface here.
Have you posted on any other forums ?
Really hope you get everything back.
Jeff.

Re:

Gutted mate ! This stinks.

Was hoping there be a happy outcome at the end of the thread :-/

I'm currently scanning eBay and gumtree for a kona.

If you post pics of your bikes here I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Re:

Really bad luck - there are some very organised and determined thieves out there.

Are there any regular "amateur" bike sellers in your area. In my city we have a couple of people who regularly advertise on gumtree with bikes they've "fully serviced" plus some who regularly have stalls at large boot sales. The fact that they took so many bikes plus tools could point in that direction.

Re:

Sorry to hear about this, it might be nothing but its worth a look on the local facebook selling pages, I got broken into at the beginning of the year and my stuff appeared on there. Police didnt help so I got my own stuff back but they were breaking the bikes for parts too. might be worth a look.

Re:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, looks like I may have to join "the Facebook", something I've managed to avoids so far, local boot sales were on the plan for the weekend.

Hi Ted,
absolutely gutted for you, I wish you all the best in getting them back.
I will check up north for you, I regularly check gumtree and preloved so will keep an eye out.
Another place where things occasionally turn up is your local craiglist.

As for joining facebook, make sure the post security is set to public so everyone can see it.
Join a few groups and share the post, my suggestions:
1) Stolen Bikes UK.
2) MTB Enthusiasts.
3) Retro Mountain Bike Club.

All the best, Ollie :) .

Latest posts

Back