Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

dyna-ti":18jtdlax said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FABLON-TYPE-SELF-ADHESIVE-VINYL-1-5-MTS-COUNTRY-TARTAN-/150544419360

Ooh, Burberry. Classy. :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Something just occurred to me as regards the Bravo scotia ride.
Once we get to Ullapool and effectively the ride is over bar the booze up, how do we get back to Strathpeffer ?
Are we expected to ride back on the road which is frankly not the greatest cycling road ever devised especially if a ferries just disgorged a load of vehicles from Stornaway behind you. People will of course have left there cars in Strathpeffer and unless they have someone to drive the car to Ullapool its a long way back !

That's up to you. Some will have back up in the form of wife/GF with a car. Some may camp,or B&B then ride back next day. There will be a big van going back on Sunday morning, the one that brings the camping gear over and there is the Bike Bus.
That's partly the idea of the Little Bravo, the short ride to Garve for lunch then back to the Strath. Afterwards wives/kids can then drive over to Ullapool and welcome Dad arrive.

Thought so and thus realistically I could be out of this venture. I have mild ME and thus the outward leg is the most I could physically/mentally deal with and i'll have no back up as GF has no desire to come up for this.

velomaniac":2aq5ur4o said:
Thought so and thus realistically I could be out of this venture. I have mild ME and thus the outward leg is the most I could physically/mentally deal with and i'll have no back up as GF has no desire to come up for this.

Do you still have your putt-putt V ? I did see you on a moped at some time :?
You could possibly have someone take your bike bike and you could pick it up and ride it back from closer :?

Would you be OK camping or B&B in Ullapool? We can sort you out with a lift back to Strathpeffer on Sunday.

To be honest, the crack in Ullapool is always great in summer. I wouldn't miss that if at all possible. It should be possible to mop up a number of folks with a minibus and large trailer. I can certainly fit 6 in with me in the Pajero with a large stock trailer or something to carry bikes/gear. It should be feasible to make all these arrangements nearer the time once numbers and requirements are more easily estimated. Certainly wouldn't worry too much at this stage.

Registration is now open for The Bravo Scozia Ride.
Entry fee is £50 per entry and any profits are going to the Weathered Cyclist charity. You get lunch at Amat House, an evening meal and then a Ceilidh Dance at The Celidh Place Ullapool. Maybe a prize too for the most Bravo points. See the website for details. www.bravoscozia.com Go to the Registration page. Go on, you know you're mad enough.. ; )

Back