Scott Wind River / Windriver build help

Privus

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

recently picked up this Scott Windriver frame to do a 1 x 9 build for my mrs.
Lovely frame, having a bit of trouble figuring out some component sizes and wondered if anyone has had one of these that could shed some light.

From measuring I think the seat post is 26.4 or 26.6mm - be great if anyone knows the actual answer.
1 1/8 Headset as far as I can tell from searching the forums.

I've got most of the parts so if anyone has any seat posts, headsets or stems that they think would suit this then do give me a shout.

Thanks, Rob IMG_1004.jpg

Thanks, but maybe wait until someone else confirms it's 26.4 before you buy one. ;-) I have several Scott mountainbikes and diameters dare to change over years and models. I'm 100% certain Windriver from 1991 takes a 26.4 (I still owe 2) but this one is 1992 (or 1993), no?

Thanks, but maybe wait until someone else confirms it's 26.4 before you buy one. ;-) I have several Scott mountainbikes and diameters dare to change over years and models. I'm 100% certain Windriver from 1991 takes a 26.4 (I still owe 2) but this one is 1992 (or 1993), no?
I did another search and found a post from last month saying 26.4 so I think you might be right.

I had a 1991 version (pink one). Great bike, we did all of South America with it, pulling a trailer. No idea about seatpost diameter, we sold our bikes in Ushuaia.

I know rear wheel had a 130mm axle width and not too much clearance...

1000015621.jpg

1000025101.jpg

I had a 1991 version (pink one). Great bike, we did all of South America with it, pulling a trailer. No idea about seatpost diameter, we sold our bikes in Ushuaia.

I know rear wheel had a 130mm axle width and not too much clearance...
That is so rad! love the pink one, those look like decent racks!

I actually messaged the seller I bought the frame off and managed to get the seat post and stem off of him.

It was a 26.2mm seat post, ive not had it properly tightened up yet but I do have a 26.4 on the way just in case that is right.

Will update with some pictures when I've built it up, just waiting on a headset to arrive.

Back