Saracen Tufftrax 1991 baby blue colour

Hello mate. The 1991 was not baby blue. Sure you're not thinking of the 1989?

Attachments

• tufftrax 041.jpg
    tufftrax 041.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 788
91 Tufftrax

How about this? Believe it's a '91 judging by the date letters on the M550 LX parts that were on it. Stem, headset & (scrap) forks fitted sometime later.
Seatpost is stuck & it's a big frame - 21". £20 + postage is all I'm after.

Attachments

• P9100009.JPG
    P9100009.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 763
Re: 91 Tufftrax

jimbo-xc":xk89jfc3 said:
How about this? Believe it's a '91 judging by the date letters on the M550 LX parts that were on it. Stem, headset & (scrap) forks fitted sometime later.
Seatpost is stuck & it's a big frame - 21". £20 + postage is all I'm after.

That's at least a '92 going by the decals. In 1991 Saracen went for very 'loud' graphics. Only lasted one year before going more sober for '92+ but I've got a soft spot for the '91's. :cool:

ah its 1989...

Thanks Jimbo, If it was a smaller frame I would be interested, and thanks brocklanders yes I got it wrong its a 1989 model, that one in the picture is exactly the bike I had as a kid and cycled probably 20,000 miles on I really want one been looking for while.... I will keep looking

Hi your one looks lovely mate.... sis you restore it like that or did you find one??

they see to be hard to find now!!

I am after a 17-19" really, I remember it being really nice to ride, I proper messed with my one back then though changed all the components it had a muddy fox stem and was XT/XTR throughout, I sold it for peanuts when I learned to drive :(

Sold my original 18" to my brother in law for not much cash. He chucked it in a skip a year or two ago, a week before I asked if he still had it :roll:

This one's the second I've had since joining this site. Pretty much came like this but needed a good clean. Vitually all the original parts are still on it :cool: There's a build thread on the site somewhere.

Back