saracen murderer

marin man

Old School Grand Master
I was trawling through ebay the other night and spotted a lovely saracen frame c 1994/95 he said one of the last english ones :cool:
The idiot who was selling it had filed off the cablestops and painted it gold
:roll: apparently he bought it as nos,and then thought I will ruin it by filing off the stops and single speeding it :roll:

Anyway could not resist so e;mailed him :LOL:

"Congratulations on utterly destroying a fine piece of english history and making it totally useless to almost anyone other than you!What next? May I suggest a norman cathedral ?bedsits would be a good idea,or perhaps an eighteenth century palladian mansion! should be next for your attentions? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He replied with far superior sarcasm :shock:

May I thankyou for your unsolicited opinions.I am mortified that I could have been so selfish and arrogant to have modified one of my own possesions to my own liking,without having first consulted you.I,in my deffence was not aware of your existence till this morning.However as you have now made yourself known to me,I would like to run a few other projects by you first,so you may cast your critical eye over them and approve/disapprove at your leisure.
These really should make you absolutely erect with self righteous indignation!
1.16 spitfires painted in luftwaffe flight colours and flying in a swastika formation on Adolf Hitlers birthday.
2.Damien Hirst to "re-imagine" Stonehenge.
3.A collection of first edition DC comics as wallpaper in my shed.
4.My jaguar e-type improved with a carbon fibre bodykit and stars and stripes flag on the roof.
5.Russell Brands "my booky wook" to become national curriculum for all students.
There may be more to come.
Anyway,if you could write down your thoughts about these on a notepad,obviously giving them proper critical assesment,tear up the paper and blow the tiny bits into the four winds.Then,meditate on the notion that the paper represents the total significance of every gurgling opinion that you wish to inflict me with.tut tut
Kindest regards.
insert rolling eye icon here.

The man is a genius. :LOL: :LOL:

I replied "I love you,you should have your own tv show,I have not laughed so much since I stood next to you in the john the other day" :LOL: :LOL:

I have been worsted it would appear :oops: :LOL:

a bit of a shame but bravo that man!
email him for me and tell him hes a leg - end :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

great fun :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I saw that frame and had the same thoughts as yourself. Total butcher, but fairplay the bloke can defend himself.

There was a company on ebay that had converted some of these frames properly and put track dropouts on and given them a first class spay job. They were selling them for about £250!

I have one, it was also nos and was only £25 delivered. I got it powdercoated yellow at work but haven't got round to getting it finished and out of the loft yet.

From what I gather there were quite a few of them floating about in nos condition and I have heard mention of a cancelled order at Saracen or something like that. Can anyone shed any light on this?

You have gotta laugh have'nt you :?: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I was watching frankie boyle slating scotland big time and was laughing much at him at the time so he caught me in agood mood I suppose :LOL: :LOL:

Never a truer word spoken^^^^
But you can win by stopping them speaking :LOL: (fist inserted in mouth generally has desired effect) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

weeman_mtb":2hdi13ja said:
I saw that frame and had the same thoughts as yourself. Total butcher, but fairplay the bloke can defend himself.

There was a company on ebay that had converted some of these frames properly and put track dropouts on and given them a first class spay job. They were selling them for about £250!

I have one, it was also nos and was only £25 delivered. I got it powdercoated yellow at work but haven't got round to getting it finished and out of the loft yet.

From what I gather there were quite a few of them floating about in nos condition and I have heard mention of a cancelled order at Saracen or something like that. Can anyone shed any light on this?

In 2006 when Saracen moved from their original factory in Warwick just down the road to their new factory; in Warwick, they had a big warehouse clearance sale:
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/25010/Sarac ... lear-stock

Soon afterwards several, painted and unpainted Saracen frames appeared on eBay and were drip fed onto the market over a couple of years. Along with a few others on here, I picked up two brand new frames for very little money which had already been powder-coated black. There were also Saracen frames available with full decals, as well as unpainted ones of all types and sizes. The supply good ones appears to have dried up now though.

As already mentioned some of these frames were professionally modified into single-speeds with track ends and sprayed up to be sold for about £225 by 'Freshtripe'. Others may have had a similar fate elsewhere. I suppose it's preferable to see them being used rather than weighed in for scrap...

Anyway...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Saracen-mtb-frame ... keparts_SR

...I'm assuming it's the frame in the link above, in which case it states that he bought it as unpainted in the first place, so at least he's not guilty of destroying an original paint scheme. It's also a relatively low end one with that big integrated seat-clamp. He's probably right in thinking it's a Rufftrax or possibly a Tufftrax. In which case it will be a heavy old lump and nothing particularly rare or special. One of my Saracen frames is similar to this one and I filed off the cable noodle to make it compatible with V-brakes and then had it re-powder-coated.
It makes for a good reliable winter 'retro-mod' hack bike. For reference it's here.

Anyway, if it was an original 1984 Conquest or a nice Kili or he'd stripped off the original paint and burned the last remaining copy of the 1991 Saracen catalogue whilst espousing the virtues of Spinergy wheels I might be slightly irked.

As it stands, you can't really fault those ideas of his and you can always get cable stops brazed back onto it.

Shame he painted it gold though...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I bought a Saracen frame in the 90's from the now defunct CycleShopSmart. Got an un-stickered 853 Kili for £69, great bike just need to decide it's fate right now as it is currently an unused singlespeed.

Latest posts

Back