Saracen Kiliflyer Pro 1992 e-stay - Even lower price

Mombee

Dirt Disciple
My Saracen Kiliflyer Pro elevated chain stay (e-stay) MTB is for sale.
I bought it new in 1992 from The Bike Pedlar and it’s been fantastic for most of my riding ever since.
The Kili is a 17.5″ frame, which sounds small but suits me - I’m 6′1″ with 34” legs and the long stretch makes for a very fast ride - the bike has had ski-type bar-ends which make the stretch even lower.
The frame is still in excellent condition, as is much of the paintwork – the stickers and a large amount of insulation tape protected it over the years, but the stickers have clearly suffered in the process - but there have been a few changes:
• The rear wheel has a new Araya rim, as the original Ritchey race rim eyelets weren’t particularly robust.
• The saddle was torn, so there's a different Bontrager saddle on it, as in the picture.
• The rear derailleur is now a Deore XT unit.
• The cluster, chain and wheel-bearings were all replaced last winter.
• UPDATE - The pedals are original-style flat pedals with toe-clips.
• The tyres are now tasteful green Michelin Wildgrabbers.
• Bottlecage – in white.
Note (UPDATE) - The ski-bar-ends and original PorciPaws are back on - the lock-on grips mentioned previously have been taken off.
I've also got a brand-new Magura bleed-kit - I've never needed it.

Price: Was originally posted at £225... now just £150... Note (UPDATE) - now down to £140 - UPDATE (5th June) now £125.

Note that I live in Malmesbury (near to Swindon), but work near Farnborough and my parents live in Windsor, so it may be possible to deliver somewhere along the M4. I reckon postage would be about £20 for other parts of the UK, and I have an old cardboard bicycle box to keep it safe in transit.

Hi,

hopefully attached is a picture of the Kili and the spare bits n pieces at the weekend.

Ed - thanks for the bump :)

Cheers, Mombee.

Attachments

• Kili - Side - Feb 2010.jpg
    Kili - Side - Feb 2010.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,624
  • Kili - Spares - Feb 2010.jpg
    Kili - Spares - Feb 2010.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,624
I love these bikes and would love it? but really can't afford £225 till i sell some stuff. Good luck with the sale

I love these bikes and would love it? but really can't afford £225 till i sell some stuff. Good luck with the sale :cool:

Hi,

just dropped the price to £150.

The freehub was playing up in the cold, but more importantly I just picked up a newer (but still second-hand Marin), so I need to free up some space in the garage.

Cheers, Mombee.

Hi,

just dropped the price to £125... last chance to buy in one piece before I have to start splitting it up,

Cheers, Mombee.

Back