Saracen Kili Pro rebuild help needed

crazier

Dirt Disciple
Ive now got my Saracen Kili Pro Frame:

Im now going to strip the paint then buy the parts any help on the best way to strip the paint would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 79DF7C9F-9375-4A3C-BDD6-F7D96B89ED42.jpg
    79DF7C9F-9375-4A3C-BDD6-F7D96B89ED42.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,265
Re:

Modern Paint strippers are not as effective as the old style Nitromors, but I use a product called Rustins Strypit, which is quite effective. Works better if you wire brush the old paint first though.

Personally I would get it powder coated, prices have fallen for this in the last few years, with more competition. I have a customer of mine who will do me a frame and fork to a good standard, bead blasted and then coated in a choice of 5000 plus shades for about £35/£40 to a fairly high standard. By the the time you have bought materials and factored in your time, DIY isn't really worth it.

Re:

Thanks for the advice someone else sugested i use peelaway but if i can get it blasted like you said then i think thats the way to go.

Re:

Non paint related but the Kili Pro frames were black not red. The Kili (92) or Race Elites (93) were red.

ust saying...sorry :?

Re:

Yes it says race elite on it lol ive used peelaway and leaving it for 24 hours il see if it as worked tomorrow

Re:

Hello i have now stripped the frame using Peelaway 1 alot of scubbing and scraping te water blasting i need infomation now on the best way to spray it and seal it

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,160
Re:

I can highly recommend Peelaway 1 as it works great this is the finished frame awaiting painting.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,158
Re:

I'd highly recommend finding a powdercoater to powder coat it. It originally had a polyester powder coat, which is pretty much the same as what most industrial powdercoaters still use. Durable and good looking.

DIY rattle can jobs end up being time consuming, the paint finish can be less than perfect and the paint can also be a bit fragile.
The other thing is that while you think you are saving money, the cost of rattle cans soon adds up.

If however you have a compressor and spray gun, then surface prep and high quality paint can yield good results.

But as before, powdercoating would be my choice.

Here's mine...

92KiliRacer06.jpg

More here: --> viewtopic.php?t=74514

Latest posts

Back