Saracen Hardtrax

James1983uk

Retro Newbie
Hi, I'm not sure if this post is in the correct place, apologies if not.

I've been looking around for a cheap mountain bike for a few weeks and after reading this forum decided that a second hand one would be the way to go, rather then spending £80ish on something that wouldn't be much use at all.

To be honest I don't know anything about bikes, but have won the auction on a Saracen Hardtrax which I'm going to pick up tomorrow.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Could anyone tell me if this is a fairly decent bike? I'm not thinking it's going to be amazing seeing as I got it for £68, but I'm at least hoping it'll be better than a budget bike from Halfrods, Asda, etc

Thanks in advance!
:)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Infinately better than a bike from Asda or Argos chap. Frame will be quite nice, and parts will work well, but will be pretty heavy.

As a starter bike or a hack its pretty perfect. Certainly good enough for a blast around the woods to hone your skills.

[moved to MTB chat]

Yep as coomber says it will be so much better than anything you could buy at a supermarket.

Saracens of that era tended to have good quality Tange double butted framesets and good geometry. They are solidly built with nice tidy welds too.
It will probably weigh in at around 30 pounds, but despite the weight they do handle nicely.

can't really fault it for £68, certainly better than any equivalent brand new bike for around the same money (and probably much more). It's no svelte racebike but should be reliable and more than capable of handling most off-road situations :D

as everyones said not much wrong with that
a pair of tyres and tubes will be 40 odd quid
it will probably do all you want , until ..... you get sucked in

as we all did :LOL:

welcome btw ,the addictions lovely

Latest posts

Back