SANTA CRUZ BLUR FS

alfamatt

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
Nooby to the forum! I have been looking in for a while, but this is my 1st post here.
Anyway due to a "life-changing" accident,(not bike related), I am selling my much loved Blur.
It is an 03 vintage in red (not powder-coated), large frame,22.5" top tube & 20.5" seat tube so suitable for a rider between approx 5'10" to 6'2". Is that old enough to be considered "retro" for you guys, I wonder?
It has Manitou black super air forks & the Fox Float AVA shock.
The rest of the spec is, Rolf Dolomite wheels, 24 speed XT Front & rear, Avid Single digit brakes, with LX levers. Carbon shallow rise handle bar,(sorry for the bar ends on a riser bar. very untrendy, but comfy for me!) Thomsom Elite post with Fizik Nisene saddle, or WTB speed V saddle if preferred. Shimano SPD's. Cane Creek H/set & QR seat post collar. It has Spesh. Crossroad tyres on at present, as I was using it mainly on tarmac/bridlepaths for a couple of winter months prior to my accident.
The bike is in great condition, & has been well cared for & serviced. There are a few cosmetic marks & scratches, mainly from stone chips & general use, but nothing more serious than that. It has never been stacked.
I have the original receipt, + set up guide for the shocks, pdf manuals & shock pump which will be included in the sale.
Although the spec is "custom", & not off the shelf, a built up Blur is about £2300 upwards these days, I believe, So my asking price is very reasonable £750.
I will obviously try to answer any questions as quickly/honestly as I can.
I live near Stansted airport in N. Essex.
Pictures ;-
blur004.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Hello Nooby from another Nooby :D Just a shame I can't afford the frame to give you a proper welcome :cry:

:shock: Welcome...but what happened to the seatpost between shots....either two posts, or in backto front...???Thomson logo swaps position!!!! :cool:

Eagle eyes!!

Hi there!
Well spotted Typhoon.
Its going to sound like a tale, but here goes........................
I've got my left arm in plaster at the moment, & a mate of mine helped me prep the bike for the pictures. I asked him to take off my koobi saddle, & put the Fizik on. The Thomson seat post has a Front & a rear face to it, which he didn't realise, & put it on back to front. Some of the pics were taken on his phone-camera, & some were taken after I had spotted & corrected the seat post on my camera, which also explains the difference in the shade of red between the pictures!
Tell ya what, if you buy the bike, I'll give you a discount for being SO eagle-eyed! :D
Matt.

Blur

Yeah my body needs a large top tube and a small seat tube! 22 to 22.5 is ideal ,but seat tube nearer 15 inch! altho a dropped top tube is a big help. I always loved the Marin FRS range for that and used to ride a medium or large in those with short stem.

Wish I could afford it!!!!

I am 6'2" and MTB's seat posts at 19" means I need a 410 Thomson post or at 20.5" I can get by with a 350mm post

I need the centre BB to the saddle surface measured in inchs please with the seat post just hiding the lmiter + plus tell us what length the post is?

Plus where abouts are you for a cash collection

Back