Salsa El-Mariachi Titanium

Re: 2014 SS El Mariachi Ti.

Well, she has had her first outing and I'm very happy to report that she rides as good as she looks. :cool:
Well chuffed. :mrgreen:
It's always a gamble when replacing a bike that you love, that the new machine may not live up to hopes and expectations. I can safely say that this rider is not being held back by this bike. :LOL:

So obviously we need some pics with dirt.

IMGP0651_zpseac7bde4.jpg

IMGP0662_zpsdc31be88.jpg

IMGP0665_zpse7ae5321.jpg

The other thing to mention is that I changed the gearing from the 33:17 I had on the Monkey to 33:19. On first impressions seems to be better. Hasn't hit top speed (when pedaling) too much, but has made a difference on the slower stuff. I have a 20t cog in the parts drawer so might even try that at some point. Be interested to hear what other folk are running on their singles.

Came here to see the completed pics. And have to say, that is delicious :cool:

The paint/raw combo really works - especially with the matched forks. -1 point for being unable to wait till your 40th though ;) :LOL:

jason-l":2xpvsv69 said:
Came here to see the completed pics. And have to say, that is delicious :cool:

The paint/raw combo really works - especially with the matched forks.

Cheers. ;)

jason-l":2xpvsv69 said:
-1 point for being unable to wait till your 40th though ;) :LOL:

C'mon! Could you have waited? :LOL: :LOL:

Love those Nimbus rims, they fill out a tyre so well, just always been put off by the 900grm weight

Toying with a set of Dually rims but the over £100 each price tag is putting me off, guess the P35 ones will do a little longer

..great looking bike by the way, sorry for the rim rant ;)

No worries Gil. ;)

I've been very happy with these wheels since I built them. I'm not a racer, and I'm in full agreement with Mr Jones that a bit of weight in a wheel can be a good thing. I'll leave the super light wheels for the XC whippets. :LOL:

While your on though, what gearing do you tend to run?

Back