Salsa a la Carte Jellybean

Interesting, I didn’t know that. I’ll check mine tomorrow and see what’s what,
Well... Bontrager liked a lower rake number and his race bikes had a black crown rock shox w/ lower rake. Otoh he sold aftermarket forks w/ the usual 1.75in rake. He wasn´t the only on playing w/ rak numbers: the yo eddy fork had 1.5. Even the Schwinn Paramounts did it. GT had a fork w/ two slots, something Moots did first. Whatever fork you have means you can play w/ other rakes too just by swapping it for a Koski, Ritchey, Answer....

You should be able to find a 1” threaded steerer tube. Try Ceeway frame tubing supplies if you struggle. You’d need to recess the bottom and put a sprung steel clip in it for safety/security

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Love it!

Wheels look great.

Not 100% convinced on the Ringle Moby tho...

Not that you're asking, mind!

I can't put my finger on why, exactly....

Maybe I just don't link Salsa with Ringle together in my mind?

I'm sure someone will pop up with an old magazine scan, or something, to prove me wrong/show me the error of my ways!

What are the plans for drivetrain/brakes?

Love it!

Wheels look great.

Not 100% convinced on the Ringle Moby tho...

Not that you're asking, mind!

I can't put my finger on why, exactly....

Maybe I just don't link Salsa with Ringle together in my mind?

I'm sure someone will pop up with an old magazine scan, or something, to prove me wrong/show me the error of my ways!

What are the plans for drivetrain/brakes?
Cheers.
Interestingly I know what you mean, actually the Ringle Moby is likely to be swapped for an early Syncros when I can find one. But will see what else crops up. I have a turbo saddle waiting, but the post indifference is why I’ve not mounted it.

Drivetrain is sorted in my head. Cooks Bros cranks, Xt mech, Xt thumbshifters. Solid, reliable and period correct.

Back