Salsa a la Carte Jellybean

The frame is the focal point. Don't make it compete with white grips getting in the way. I would have to see it with the white saddle. I've been pleasantly surprised in the past by a white saddle but it isn't always an upgrade over the black. It will turn heads as it is now. Syncros or XT for the seatpost? Hite-rite?

The frame is the focal point. Don't make it compete with white grips getting in the way. I would have to see it with the white saddle. I've been pleasantly surprised in the past by a white saddle but it isn't always an upgrade over the black. It will turn heads as it is now. Syncros or XT for the seatpost? Hite-rite?
Going to try both Syncros and Xt posts. Likely Syncros to match the bars. I won’t got for a hite-rite I think, never been a massive fan,

I met a guy who used to paint Jelly Bean's the other day.

Lovely chap.

He reckons he can do me one if I ever get lucky enough to find a beat-up old Ala Carte or custom that needs some love...

I met a guy who used to paint Jelly Bean's the other day.

Lovely chap.

He reckons he can do me one if I ever get lucky enough to find a beat-up old Ala Carte or custom that needs some love...
Thats awesome. I'm told the earlier Jelly Bean marking were done by Ross Schafer's wife. The frame would be painted and she would then do the green/yellow/white markings on each one. I'm told that mine, being a 91, is done like this, by Mrs Shafer.
Not sure how true that is or how to verify, but i like the idea of it and it seems to tie in well with the whole build ethos of Salsa bikes.

Thats awesome. I'm told the earlier Jelly Bean marking were done by Ross Schafer's wife. The frame would be painted and she would then do the green/yellow/white markings on each one. I'm told that mine, being a 91, is done like this, by Mrs Shafer.
Not sure how true that is or how to verify, but i like the idea of it and it seems to tie in well with the whole build ethos of Salsa bikes.

He might have been lying then! ;)

That's an amazing anecdote tho, and I'd much rather believe that if it were my bike too!

Ross is on Instagram, if you are.

You could always ask...

Back