Rugby World Cup

Glad the 6 nations isn't for a few months :D
Due to my injury i have watched almost every game this time :D and although France have stepped upto the plate towards the end it would have been a tragedy if they had become world champs after there early performances.

France played strongly from the Start, I was surprised at the All Blacks performance, which I was expecting more from, think the pressure of a world cup final got to them more than the French who seemed to play with nothing to loose attitude as the underdogs.
It could have easily gone either way .

Well done to the All Blacks, hard luck to France and England ? go away and regroup

The 6 Nations is going to be huge next year, although they always are after a world cup.

The 4 Nations will also be very interesting with the addition of Argentina, who I predict (I'm good at predictions....and hat recipes!) will become a world force capable of beating anyone over the course of the next decade or so, the only reason they haven't been better is the lack of regular international competition (although that doesn't figure with Scotland....). Likewise the island teams would be huge if they got their acts together.

England have already started changing - Lewis Moody bowing out for a start, a big loss for England but we need it to push forward - he started to not be able to shrug his injuries off (of which many would have kept a lesser man off the field) and deserves a big pat on the back for being one of the most passionate players the game has ever seen, not many more people have put their bodies on the line as much as him.

Can't wait for the 6 Nations, although my wife would disagree!!!

Oh yes, and quote of the RWC from Richie McCaw being interviewed after the game:

TV :" How are you feeling Richie??!"
RM :" To be honest mate, I'm shagged!"

Legend!!!

Back