Royal Enfield Bullet

mudcow007

Dirt Disciple
Hello one an all, just found this site when i was trying to research a bike i have just bought

its a Royal Enfield Bullet with sturmey archer dynohub an svelto 5 speed gears, bought it off a guy on ebay who said he had had it since he was a kid so it was around 1962 ish

anyone know any about them?

it got a fair amount of rust on most of the tubes but dont want to sandblast it as i will loose all the decals

Is it blue and silver in colour?
I have one and have a catalogue and loads of info.
Can we see a picture?

Hi

its light blue with yellow.

the decals are blue an yellow too, it has "Bullet" on the seat tube and a alloy badge on the head tube

i will get some pics up asap

hello all i have finally got the guy in work to take some pics of the bike for me here they are for your viewing pleasure

anyone know anything about these?

it looks like the olympic "rings" on the seat tube?!

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0137_2.jpg
    IMG_0137_2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 720
I can't find any info on this model. My Royal Enfield is lugless and is called a Bullet 3.
I think that this must be from around the mid 50s after they did away with the lugless model.

Hi, I believe 'The Bullet' was one there top models in the fifties, and this one looks mid fifties.

blimey!

so its even older than the 60's

is it worth keeping then?

i had the designer in my work take photos of all decals to try an remake them as they are goign to go when i have it sandblasted.

im hoping to bring it back to its former glory with possibly newer components (where it needs them)

what do you all think?

There are a few websites that do vintage decals, which would probably be easier...but if you have someone doing you a favour all the better!

Be nice to see it kept as original as possible in terms of components though...but thats all upto you, i mean if you are riding something every day some modern stuff is less hassle / more user friendly.

Back