Rocky mountain altitude...exeter

Anthony":cc77vdgc said:
The Tange Ultimate Superlight tubeset used on the 1993 Altitude is a 0.8-0.5-0.8 tubeset, so lighter and less stiff. No doubt the designer dialled in some compensating extra weight/stiffness elsewhere in the frame,

From the weight and ride, there wasn't a whole heap of compensation!!
You could squish the dt in your fingers.. mine looked like the Andes after few months of riding was dented so much

I reckon you must be a bit of an animal Andy.

The same tubeset was used for the Orange Prestige (mid 92 onwards), ParkPre 825, Marin Team Issue (at times), Voodoo Bizango (to 97), etc and lots of those frames have stood the test of time. I really don't think 8-5-8 can be all that fragile - after all my mere Kona has a 7-4-7 top tube. I'd better not let you get your hands on it though!

Give it a go! I thought I imagined it, until someone else confirmed. Admittedly, it takes a bit of force!

Strengthwise, it was just from my experience it was the frame damaged most easily for me.

Still need to build up the Hei Hei..maybe a winner in the ride stakes?

I didn't have the money at the time to bid much higher than the £360, so I pulled my snipe which was set higher but things braking down changed that.
afaik, he should have offered it to the highest bidder for previous talks with him.

Personally I didn't like all the bid-bid-bid and bid retraction and lack of concrete delivery prices..

FluffyChicken":qhcf2hri said:
Anyone get a copy of the ebay pictures ?

There you go!

main.php

main.php

Back