Roberts White Spider 1993

Double rigid retro goodness in that last photo. White Spider and an Explosive! 😍

Giving the mechanics a day off from internal cable routing and bleeding brakes! 😜🤣

• Love
Reactions: JCS
This is a great project. Loved reading it. We have an early 90’s white spider that’s been in the garage for the last 15 years or so - it’s in the blue and yellow race team paint job just the like the picture in the brochure you posted - thanks for sharing. I’m going to dig it out at the weekend and assess its condition. Would love to get it done up at Winston’s but the frame’s top tube is too long for me and it’s a bit small for my husband. Maybe we will list but either way it’s definitely too nice to be at the back garage not getting any love.

First off-road shake-down ride after several road rides.

1728723643652.png

1728723816123.png

1728723854542.png

So, how does it ride?

Very comfortable. Well balanced. Very stable at speed. Holds lines well around corners.

It's more of a tourer than a racer. You could spend hours in the saddle.

In a 1991 MBI review of the Dogs Bolx there is a quote (below) from Chas Roberts stating that the DB is built for racing rather than recreational riding, and the White Spider is a more forgiving bike. That matches my first impressions.

This bike is ideal for long cross country rides rather than twisty technical trails. Looking forward to using this regularly.

1728725176326.png

Last edited:
Great to see a beautifull bike built beautifully and even better to see it get ridden!

Where were the pictures taken, New Forest or New Mexico?

First off-road shake-down ride after several road rides.

View attachment 891862

View attachment 891863

View attachment 891864

So, how does it ride?

Very comfortable. Well balanced. Very stable at speed. Holds lines well around corners.

It's more of a tourer than a racer. You could spend hours in the saddle.

In a 1991 MBI review of the Dogs Bolx there is a quote (below) from Chas Roberts stating that the DB is built for racing rather than recreational riding, and the White Spider is a more forgiving bike. That matches my first impressions.

This bike is ideal for long cross country rides rather than twisty technical trails. Looking forward to using this regularly.

View attachment 891867
Well done. It looks fabulous. Totally inspired me to renovate our white spider - just got the same tyres - ordered from the US. How are you finding them?
Also very true about touring. The white spider makes a great tourer. When my husband was last using the bike circa 2006/7 it had a rack fitted and we went touring in Ireland, Yorkshire, Scotland.

nice - really like this build - also great scenery :cool:

how are you finding the sim works tyres BTW? One of the options being considered for my lavadome

Thanks for the positive comments, much apreciated.
The pics are taken in UAE. There are some great off road trails.
The tyres - I rate them very highly. For dry conditions and single track/gravel they are fantastic. 1.95 is a good size.
They are not a tyre for shredding extreme downhills and I can't imagine they would be great in wet mud. Panaracer Smoke/Dart would be better for that.

Back