Roberts Phantom, the rebuild thread.

Ok I think I can start moving forward with this again now.
Let’s have a quick rolling chassis build to get a feel for it…
I think most of the old gear is going back on but I do need to source a new ISO BB for my Campy cranks. Really could do with a new rim on the back too, so might head to the wanted for that shortly…

Attachments

• IMG_3494.jpeg
    IMG_3494.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Looking great! Looks like the Vaz brothers did a good job on it. I’ve had a few frames painted there, for price and speed they can’t be beaten, sometimes minor stuff not seen to but generally good stuff. And yes both workshops have only a little bit of light and even less of that is actual daylight 🤷‍♂️

Was Winston the original builder?
He was yes.
I had looked at a few other places that had a more let’s say, polished, outfit but I wanted it to back to him for sentimentality really,
I really feel like one of those boys who restores things in his garage putting it back together from scratch, it’s been years and years since I’ve done that.

He was yes.
I had looked at a few other places that had a more let’s say, polished, outfit but I wanted it to back to him for sentimentality really,
I really feel like one of those boys who restores things in his garage putting it back together from scratch, it’s been years and years since I’ve done that.
Nice!

Latest posts

Back