Robert White Spider 2

Hi, this week I became the new owner of a Roberts White Spider.

I intend to return the bike to regular use as it has been off the road for the last 10 years.

I have just taken a couple of pics - and will post some of the bike as collected.

All I have done to date is remove some of the stickers and the black plastic water bottle cage.

There have been a number of posts to date re this bike

Initial spotting on ebay - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148264

I will also need some words of wisdom - no 1 - does anyone have a guide to adjusting Dia Compe 987 breaks

Attachments

• GEDC0146D.jpg
    GEDC0146D.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,227
  • GEDC0152.jpg
    GEDC0152.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,228
We most certainly want bigger & better picture of that machine :D (with off road boots on)

Small boots

Hi bigger pic - same boots

I need to sort the breaks but the bike came with a set of off road wheels (different gear ratio's etc)

Attachments

• robertswhitespider2-a.jpg
    robertswhitespider2-a.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,139
Well done on your purchase I bottled out at £ 350 I can see though she is a beaut too small though for me so not feeling so bad.
987`s are adjusted by slacking off the canti mounting bolt and rotating the body of the canti then retightening the bolt I think you can also slack off the bolt less and use a spanner to rotate the nut on the fork /canti side.

captaincosmic":8iav8c3i said:
Well done on your purchase I bottled out at £ 350 I can see though she is a beaut too small though for me so not feeling so bad.
987`s are adjusted by slacking off the canti mounting bolt and rotating the body of the canti then retightening the bolt I think you can also slack off the bolt less and use a spanner to rotate the nut on the fork /canti side.

Yup, slacken the canti mounting bolt and adjust the larhe nut on the back of the canti, you'll need a cone spanner for this or a very thin spanner.

Bill any chance of seeing some close up pics of the frame and forks...????

Back