FFS! What am I like? :LOL:

Don't answer that

Mike

Re:

You'll be needing spokes!

DT Rev's obviously.

al.

Re:

Nice frame & forks Mike. Last time I bought 2 wheels worth of DT spokes, the best deal was from Rose bikes in Germany. Seems daft that I couldn't get them cheaper over here, but there we go.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: Re:

Coleman":2jash6hl said:
Nice bike Mike :cool:

Cheers buddy ;) may bring it to HONC next year!

al":2jash6hl said:
You'll be needing spokes!

DT Rev's obviously.

al.

I'm not sure what spokes to go fro. I remember DT Competition being the best choice BITD, then ACI. Obviously going for silver double-butted. Going to be 36 hole and 3 cross
andyz":2jash6hl said:
Nice frame & forks Mike. Last time I bought 2 wheels worth of DT spokes, the best deal was from Rose bikes in Germany. Seems daft that I couldn't get them cheaper over here, but there we go.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks for the tip Andrew. BTW , that top fits, sorry mate :roll:

Mike

Re: Something a bit nice! Ritchey P-22

Mike Muz 67":vsjn948d said:
Muddy paw":vsjn948d said:
Just under 6lb for the frameset is pretty impressive and that XT headset looks immaculate :cool: so what's the chainset going to be this time unless the headset is a clue ;) ..

It's going to be long again Ian, 180mm ;) :cool:

Mike

I know it's going to be long Mike :facepalm: but you know what i'm getting at XT or you going with Ritchey or have you got something else that your going to surprise us with ;) ..

Re:

So, a little Sunday evening update after what seems like far too long! :roll:

I wanted a pair of XT M730/2 hubs for this bike. I have a pair, but a 32 hole and 36 hole :facepalm:As the 36 was in better condition, the search was on for another 36. I found one on t'bay, but with a solid axle.

No problem I thought, Just swap over for a q/r one. Could I get the axle out? NOPE! :evil: The outer locknut slides on an inner nut, that is threaded on the axle. Took it to LBS, where my friendly mechanic had a great deal of difficulty moving it, but did eventually, with the help of 5 cone spanners :shock: and a vice. So, axle out!

Great! Oh hang on, the freehub is for Uniglide! :facepalm: So off that came too, as I will be running 7 speed at the back. Replaced with the XT one from the other 32 hole hub. Finally I have the hub I wanted. But wait. The axle needs packing out as the M730 hub body is narrower than a M732! :roll: Job done after sourcing a 5mm spacer!

I was very generously GIVEN :shock: a pair of wheels for the bike, thanks a lot Nick, you're a star! ;)
having put up a wanted ad for some Ritchey rims. Here's the front one

Anyone else seen FOUR cross before? :shock: Thankfully, the rims are in great condition, cleaned up well and with very little wear.
So I put some measurements into the Sapim Spoke Length Calculator and ordered a bikes' worth. Decided on DT Swiss Competition :cool: Revolutions would be slightly lighter, but I could save a lot more weight off myself, TBH.
Arrived promptly, and one Saturday morning at work, I set about lacing them up.
Started with the rear,

All ok. Then for the front. Hmmm, these spokes seem a bit short :? So measured up. Yes, the size I ordered. Then it dawned on me. The front flange is smaller than the rear :oops: :facepalm:
Another set ordered and these were just right. It's amazing what difference 2mm can make , eh! :evil:
Anyway, they're built up now, TA-DA!

Yes, I know the q/r nuts are different. Have some more on their way :roll:

The bottom bracket was then installed, having been robbed off another bike :facepalm:

And chainset

Pictured with the offending tools

I got a stem the other day for the bike,

Now de-stickered, cleaned and primered,

Hope to get this bike closer to completion this week, as I'm on holiday! :cool:

On the lookout for some top caps for my XT thumbies, as the ones I have are a bit tatty. Sadly, Gil doesn't make replacement decals for these, so if any of you see/have some, please let me know. Thanks ;)

Mike

Re: Ritchey P-22, update, November 15th

How can I miss that thread?!
What a preety nice frame! Looking forward what You'll hang on it Mike

Re: Ritchey P-22, update, November 15th

Very nice :cool:
As do most people, I have lot of love for Ritchey P21/22/23. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Back