Rigid Stumpy for sale READVERTISED!!!!

sjar76

Dirt Disciple
Hello all - stumpy back on the market by mutual agreement with first purchaser - struggling to coordinate a meeting to hand over. No hard feelings and if noone else wants it he's backup!

Anyway - to summarise:
96 Stumpjumper in team blue, rigid, 19" I think. Only ever lightly used so really good nick for age.
Only issues would probably be a wheel trueing and a general tune up.
Only change form factory spec was a Flite Titanium saddle, DCD and some stubby Onza bar ends. This bike came from Evans as an insurance replacement for my stolen Stumpjumper Pro which I had lovingly rebuilt from a wreck - so I never really took to it I'm afraid. Has Specialized cage but I'm keeping the bottle, you'll be pleased to hear.

Location: nr Cambridge (Newmarket). Buyer collects please. Looking for £80. Lots of interest when first advertised.

Comes on Bontrager semi slicks.

Photo attached plus here is a more detailed overview now it's clean:
Frameset: clean and straight with a few small scuffs as you would expect; top tube decal a few very superficial chips, downtube and seat tube are A1.
no play in headset. Grisphift x ray (SRT800 maybe?) only need a fine tune. Dia Compe PC7 levers all fine with very light marking and basic STX V brakes with decent meat on the blocks. No play in BB, cranks fine, pedals are basic plastic with clips & straps, not brilliant quality but original. Rings all OK, rear mech & derailleur all fine, hubs turning freely. Usual mix of LX, rear mech is XT. Seatpost of course moves freely and Flite Titanium has light scuff to back edge. Seatstays all fine. Wheels definitely need a fettle as front rubs and has a noticeable wibble when spun, so rubs on front brake. Back wheel also imperfect but much less so. Chainstay protected from slap by clear self adhesive guard. I think it's defo worth the money now I see it cleaned up a bit. Live Newmarket, work just South of Cambridge on the M11.

Attachments

• P1060189.JPG
    P1060189.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,031
Back