Retrobike Touring.

I haven't done trips yet this summer. I had planned going to the TdF in northern France but got COVID 6 weeks ago and have only just about got over the cough and tiredness.
Hi Hammie. hope you get well soon brother. Keep us up to date as I know you like to toddle off with the tend from time to time hehe

TTFN

Thanks - I should at least be doing a Dartmoor trip in September as I have to take No1 son back to university in Plymouth.
I also have a business trip to Spain in November and plan to take the bike for a short trip afterwards - there are some decent old railway routes I might explore.

Thanks - I should at least be doing a Dartmoor trip in September as I have to take No1 son back to university in Plymouth.
I also have a business trip to Spain in November and plan to take the bike for a short trip afterwards - there are some decent old railway routes I might explore.
Absolute perfection ! A trip to Spain taking in railway riding. Make sure you provde a full report, minute by minute, of your trip heheheheheh

With pictures of course :)

Got out last night after dropping son off at university in Plymouth. I decided to take my Dawes Edge former Feb 22 BoTM entry: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads...uary-2022-fillet-brazed-special.441023/page-4 and canti repair: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/home-canti-stud-repair.409558/
It was a bit of an experiment to see how it handled a load, typically light racy frames aren't happy conversions, but there again it's a Dawes with tons of tourer DNA...
52355272063_2b7101e777_b.jpg

A nice gentle ride as usual to Hoo Meavy - I had COVID in late June, was in bed ill for a week and then had to stop everything for 5 weeks to recover, so I am not at my fittest. Then the usual horrid slogs out of two valleys and up to Burrator to camp in the usual place near King's Tor. The sunset didn't disappoint...nor the 20T granny ring!
52355351709_33ccf44ef2_b.jpg

As forecast it started to rain around 0530, but by 0730 the forecast had been changed to it setting in for the day. I scrapped the idea of riding to Princetown, then over the tops back to Plymouth as it was very gusty and rainy. I packed up the tent in the rain, with it then drying a little for the ride back to Plymouth. I'd just got the car packed when it all started again.
52354087277_d0d243b87e_b.jpg

We are currently touring along South America, on a couple of early 90's mtbs. We started in Colombia back in February, currently in the middle of Argentina, and hoping to reach Ushuaia by mid December. To make things "interesting", we are also traveling with our kids, aged 3 and 5. One travels in a trailer, the other one in a tag-along and they swap when tired or bored.

I ride a '91 Scott Windriver with a Thule Chariot Cougar, and my wife a '93 Trek 820 with a "Fun Trailer" tag-along.

If anyone has interest in following us, we have an irregularly updated blog and instagram at:

Attachments

• Scott Windriver.JPG
    Scott Windriver.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Trek 820.JPG
    Trek 820.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 30
We are currently touring along South America, on a couple of early 90's mtbs. We started in Colombia back in February, currently in the middle of Argentina, and hoping to reach Ushuaia by mid December. To make things "interesting", we are also traveling with our kids, aged 3 and 5. One travels in a trailer, the other one in a tag-along and they swap when tired or bored.

I ride a '91 Scott Windriver with a Thule Chariot Cougar, and my wife a '93 Trek 820 with a "Fun Trailer" tag-along.

If anyone has interest in following us, we have an irregularly updated blog and instagram at:
Great post, just signed up for this and put the kettle on.

Back