Retrobike SE members - what are your plans for 2014

bugloss":92slcef0 said:
DA-EVO":92slcef0 said:
bugloss":92slcef0 said:
I did a few audax rides, including The Hamburg - Berlin - Köln - Hamburg 1500 km in August, which was good fun and a bit hilly.

Ace, want to spill the beans on what a 1500km Audax is like? :)

Long.

Adam ! You're still alive, just.

I imagine you do have a pain in the arse like the only gay in the village after a ride like that buddy! :shock:
Was it a popular event?

Mike

Re: Re:

DA-EVO":11jbpp3t said:
Mike Muz 67":11jbpp3t said:
1. Still didn't manage to clear some bits of trail, but others I did, so 5/10

You should get a 29er, you'd clear all the trails then*.

I did, but why make life easy for myself, when I can go riding with you? :LOL: :LOL:

3. Rode the Big Dog, had lots of fun in the sun, came home with more stuff than I went with :roll: Also learnt that you can bust a sprocket straight off a Shimano cassette. Well, 7-speed was just too new age! 8/10

err... and how many gears on the....

4. Built up my first 29er :oops: . Ridden it twice.So 1/10

Did you forget to tell the boys and girls about your newest Crabon Fribe purchase?

I don't know WHAT you mean :roll:

As for winter, I'll be messing about off-road and, occasionally on the road.

Mike

Hope to see you there. :) And thanks for the early season road rides and encouragement :D

Dirty job, but someone had to be brave. Now you're doing mileages I only dread!

Hi Mike

It was very good and there were about 75 entrants, so not massive but a good turnout considering its reputation for being moist.

I'll post some photos DA-EVO and stuff when I've done all my work related admin if you're interested.

bugloss":434r6bvy said:
Hi Mike

It was very good and there were about 75 entrants, so not massive but a good turnout considering its reputation for being moist.

I'll post some photos DA-EVO and stuff when I've done all my work related admin if you're interested.

That would be great, really interested in seeing / hearing more.

Ok, it'll be a after the weekend as I've got something to deal with in Wales first.

I won't forget though.

Also very keen to hear about the 1500km Audax bugloss. I really enjoyed the one D and I did and am planning on quite a few more next year..

Re:

It sounds great, I'm guessing you were in the 200+ miles per day range for that?

What sort of time did you sleep for?

Doing it again / others?

(sorry for all the Q's) :)

It was a nice ride and this season, which finished at the end of September, I've done a few 600's and a 1000 in France plus some shorter rides in the UK, Belgium and Denmark.

I'm planning a busier season for 2015 as the Paris-Brest-Paris 1200 is running in August and I also want to do a few hilly 600's and I'd like to do 2x 200,300,400,600 and 1000 and a bunch of other stuff before next October to qualify for an award that I want, it's a bit like stamp collecting really.

The H-B-K-H 1500 only runs every 4 years, but between now and then is the London-Edinburgh-London 1400 in 2016 and a few other rides I'm keen on doing like The Borders of Belgium 1000, Le 1000 du Sud in the South of France and Die Groß Bayernrundfahrt 1200 in Germany.

It's a slippery slope once you get on it.

I should have a bit of time tomorrow to start on a write up to post on the site, but feel free to ask any questions as I'm more than happy to answer them.

Back